This is a memory of the shrines I visited. Oh wow! I carry this one and… Wow that’s amazing. So you mean your change of clothes is in there? My highschool uniform is in there. Hey guys and girls it’s Cathy Cat. We went to the streets of Tokyo and asked Random Japanese people to open their bags and show us what’s inside. Let’s go and find what we can find in a Japanese person’s bag and Ask Japanese. You are wearing your bag like it’s popular to wear in Japan right now. And you have a normal backpack. Today we are asking everyone what is in their bag. Show us the interesting stuff inside. Something funny inside? Wow this is super empty. There is barely anything inside. My glasses and…. And then my temple book Do you know what this is? I got mine made at the Meiji Shrine here. Ca you explain what the Gosyuincho temple book is….? When going to a shrine or temple… You get it as a memory of the day you visited. And you got it made at the meiji shrine.
– Yes I did. I made it first in June. Why do you carry it with you? In case I visit a shrine, so I can get more temple signatures. That’s such a Japanese thing to do. How interesting I only started this recently really. in Japan we have many Shrines and Temples right. – Yeah. And that motivates me to go too. Nice one. Do you have anything else in there that’s interesting? Funny one.. I have stomach medicine…. I am hungover today. This is medicine for my post-drinking stomach. This is pretty big.
– It’s a powder medicine. It’s powerder I see. When I get hungover and my stomach hurts, I drink it in water. You didn’t get that from a doctor?
– Bought it in a drugstore. It takes the queasy feeling off my stomach. And something else that’s funny is… A charger and this one here… It kills smells.
– Why do you carry a smell erasor? When going to a bar, I don’t like how i smell afterwards. I spray it on my clothes. Here comes the big difference between a boys and a girls backpack… It’s incredibly empty.
– True. I thought it would be filled to the top. Not at all. True, I don’t put anything in it. You have a huge backpack to carry stuff but… You are the opposite. Carrying a pouch like that is popular in Japan right now. You don’t seem to carry much, so what do you need to carry? My tabacco, wallet and cologne. My keys, breath pills and…. A lip cream…. (blushes) Why a lip cream? So my lip doesn’t get dry….
– That’s the same I use!!! This one is pretty good! I would have never guessed you would carry lipcream around! Are you for real? How girly is that!?! We are positively surprised. Do you boys care a lot about smell?
– Yeah we do. We care about smelling alright. You worry about the way your moth and body smells. – That’s right. You bag looks freaking heavy!
– It is! There are some weird things in here… Take the funniest out.
– Please do! She stayed round mine for the night. I have penlights in here. I think I have one too. Take your time.
– How does this open? – It’s so messy…. There it is!
– What is? That’s the first one.
– Wow. There is more.
– Woooow. I am carrying two today. Only today I swear. What is this thing? These are penlights we use during live shows. – Looks kind of cute! If you press this white button for a long time. It will switch on. Then if you push the colored buttons…. if will change into the according color.
– I am so embarrassed now! You can change it to the color of your favorite idol? – That’s the way girl. If I liked the pink idol, would turn it to pink right?
– You got it girl. Today I am greenish. So this color maybe. This looks so cute. Is this from some…. character? What is this from? From the group Johnny’s West. It’s an exclusive penlight from their gigs. Did you go to one recently? Well… the DVD of this show will be released tomorrow… We got an early copy and watched it since the early morning hours! And that’s why I though we could use it for that. That’s why I brought it.
– You know how to idol party! Nice one girl. – Yaaaayyy
– So that’s how you watched the DVD and cheered Yes. – Sounds so fun! Girls! I should maybe become an idol fan too. This is a different one right?
– Yes it’s different. It says “Maji Love Live…” wait Love Live is an anime… It’s from the anime yes.
– I know about that one. This one is for the Uta no Prince series. I know that one too. There was a store in Harajuku for that before, right? Yes there was. There was a live performance. – Of the voice actors? – Exactly! This is about 2 years ago. Yeah 2017 so about 2 years ago. I went to that live show too Did you use that one yesterday too? There is a theatre performance of this anime. Inside the theatre we were allowed to use penlights too. I wanted to see it but… I couldn’t get in. So I just carried it around. So instead of using one penlight for different shows, you always buy and use them accordingly? That’s the right way. How many of those do you have at home? At home I have about 5 pen lights. Let’s have a look into her bag together. Hey wait… there is another pen light in there too! Also my schedule book! Oh that looks cute. What is that!/ This schedule book was an extra gift coming with the Kanjani8 idol DVD set. Did you customize it a little? It contains pics of my favourite boy. This is my wallet. It’s a cute one from the Peanuts. What is this? Exile? – My makeup pouch was too big so… I put everything into a pouch I found at home. What’s in there apart from the cable? Lipcreams and such. And things to fix up my makeup. How girly! She has a small bag, but you are carrying a backpack! Here we go. My wallet.
– That’s huge. Parasol… Do you need it? I am recently worried about sun wrinkles. But you are still in Highschool Well yeah we are. And her is my makeup pouch. So I can fix up myself. Wow that contains a lot of things. You went all out shopping! No actually……. We are guests at a live show on TV… So your changing clothes are in there? Yes my highschool uniform is in here. Your school uniform? Yes we are just on our way back from school. Since it’s a live recording, I thought normal clothes would be better. You’re not allowed to wear your uniform then? Even though you changed, there is barely anything in there. That’s my treasure. – Who is that? He looks so super cool! He is a johnny’s idol. Maybe I get a chance to take pictures. That’s why I brought it. Do you carry one like that too?
– Yes of a different idol. Is the Tv recording from the Johnnys idols? It is!!! So you brought your own pictures to the recording, hoping you get it signed? No chance for signatures! We will just take pictures as us two. as proof you were there.
– That’s it girl. Nice idea girls. Do you always carry your idols picture with you?
– Every day. We always carry them with us. He is inside my schedule book. Nice one. There always has to be one picture.
– Yes there has. I don’t carry a whole folder like she does. I thought we might use it so that’s why I brought it… Those were all our questions. Thanks so much. So a couple of the items we could find in Japanese people’s bags! A Gosyuincho, a book that you take when you go to a shrine or a temple and wanna have a sign a stamp and a signature from them. Lots of things to mask bad smells. You can really tell that Japanese people really don’t like to smell bad. That’s the general here if you come to Japan. No one smells bad… there is no BO smell around, people really mask their smells well. Maybe… mouth smell or general BO…. They are really good with that, maybe one thing you might wanna look out for when you come to Japan. Also penlights for live performances… you never know when you wanna cheer on your favourite idol… Also character goods of your favourite idols, something you just wanna keep… walking around with. I understand that. I always carry…. Something from Sailor Moon around with me. And a parasol, that’s a thing I see a lot… Not in Europe but a lot here… In Japan that women carry parasols around……..? with them…. yes Mr Crow. And a school uniform because they… came from school, got undressed out of their normal clothes… Sometimes Japanese schools can be very strict and not allow girls to… wear their school uniform…. out in some kind of media exposure. Because the image of the school is there on display as well. So these are a couple of the random things we could find in people’s bags. We also interviewed Japanese people and asked them… to …. yes… show us what is in their bags…. Let’s find… that video… out soon…. I think what I always carry with me is a little emergency pack…. apart from my wallet and my keys. They are the 3 most important items. And of course my phone which is pretty much glued to my hands by now. What are the items that you… cannot… live… yes? You MR Crow and me, cannot live without? What is always with you in your bag? Let me know, maybe write down 3 items you always carry with you…. And not just your wallet and your keys… Something else that is very much YOU. Let us know that in the comments down below. If you are new guys don’t forget to subscribe. If you have been with us, don’t forget to leave a like and thanks for tuning in. I catch you soon for more cool stuff here from Japan. Hope you have a great day. Catch you soon. Bye. Mataneeee