– I never thought I’d buy a $400 cooler, and now we’re gonna destroy it. Whoa! – Welcome back to What’s Inside? I’m Lincoln and this is Dan, and today we are wearing safety glasses. – Safety first, or second. – And we have a $400 Yeti cooler. – Have you guys seen these things? $400 for a cooler! Why does it cost so much? You can see how big it is. It’s pretty heavy. It has some nice handles on the side, with this little rope
and the plastic on here. ♪ Oh yeah ♪ – And then to open it up, they say that it is bear-proof, with this. So bears don’t know how
to come in and do that. – Bears apparently aren’t very smart. – They’re not smart, but they
are strong and good at eating. – Yes.
– So this cooler is supposed to be the top of the line, the greatest cooler that you can buy. I’ve seen them with, a lot
of times, in camping stores. Super expensive. We’ve cut open a Yeti cup. (cup clatters) This, we have tested it out
on a couple of campouts, and it works like a gem. I put hamburgers in here that were frozen. The next day we went
to make the hamburgers, and they were still frozen
and I was kind of sad. This is what’s inside of it. – The walls are so thick on
this, like not even the top. – Lincoln. Do not get inside of this. Don’t put children inside of this. There’s the logo right here that says, what does it say, Lincoln? – Certified Bear-Resistant. – You can see how big
it is on the outside, and then if you look on the
inside, like Lincoln said, you can see that the walls
are really really thick. A thought behind it is very
similar to the Yeti cup. It has metal on the outside. Metal on the inside. And then on the middle
of it there’s a gap. And it has this insulated vacuum packed air that’s in there. We decided that we wanna give you the cleanest cut that we can get. And so we came to the same
place that we cut open our car engine, and we
have a giant band saw. So check this thing out. This is huge blade, this
should be able to do the job. It’s gonna go right through
it, just like butter. We are also going to get
a cheap Cullman cooler, like the cheapest ones that are like $20, and show you the difference between those, because there’s definitely
a big difference. – Big difference. (upbeat music) – It’s pretty nice, I’ve gotta admit. I never thought I’d buy a $400 cooler. Woo, that was loud. And now we’re gonna destroy it. Here we go. (upbeat music) It’s gonna be good. We had to flip it around because of the way the blade goes. We’ve got a GoPro up
here to capture the shot. There’s your Yeti. Goodbye Yeti. – Bye.
– Lincoln, green button. Touch the green button nicely. This one right there. – That one?
– Start Cutting button. Oh, oh. Did you do it? Nope, try again. Is this the button? Start Cutting button? You don’t have the skills
to pay the bills, buddy. – It’s already touching it. – Let’s see. Oh! Look at that! This is so much faster than the engine. I think we cut a lot
of it out of the video. We were here for probably
six hours that night. But man, look at that! (upbeat music) Here we go, Yeti! Go, go, go! – And we got it! Yep. – And we’re done. And we push the Stop Cutting button. We did it!
– That was so easy. Three minutes and 45 seconds. – Three minutes, 45 seconds. Is this thing all just plastic? Maybe there’s no metal in it. All I really see…
– [Lincoln] Is shavings. – Is shavings, but I don’t
really see metal shavings. I see plastic. Oh! Did you see it break open? This igloo cooler was $50. It was on sale. So it’s much cheaper. What is it made of? We’re gonna cut this one, too, and see, that way we can compare inside. What do you get out of a
$400 cooler and a $50 cooler? The Igloo cooler. What do you get inside? What keeps your stuff cool? – [Lincoln] It’s like foam! Wow! – You do have some actual insulation that is some foam inside. It’s on the bottom. – Why is it on the top?
– On the top, it doesn’t have it. It doesn’t have it. I don’t know. Maybe so you can open the lid? – Yeti, Yeti, Yeti. – Alright, it is the Yeti time. Let’s get this thing open! (angelic music)
– Looks like that same insulation stuff.
– Hey, it does have insulation! I thought for sure it was gonna be like the Yeti cooler, the
Yeti mug that had metal on the inside. There’s no metal. – And the top is so much thicker, and the walls are much thicker. Well. – But it does look the same. Like, it’s plastic, and
just some foam inside. – Push.
– Oh yeah, look at that. I can make a hole. This one. I can make a hole. It’s a little stronger. But I wouldn’t say it’s
that much different. You can see the inside
of the plastic wall, how thick it is or how thin it is. Look at the inside of the Yeti. Much thicker. Look at my finger next to it. My finger next to that one. It’s like a piece of paper
versus a pencil thickness. The actual plastic that’s used on the outside of both of these Is definitely thicker with the Yeti. Look how thin the bottom plastic is. Look how thick the bottom
plastic is with that one. I’m not overly impressed
with the difference between the $400 versus the $50. Obviously, it has the
protection on the top. It’ll stop bears from getting in. That’s nice. – Apparently.
– Which I’ve never had bears when I’ve camped. Knock on metal, wood. Based off of just looking on the inside, let us know your thoughts. Is there anything unique to this? Would you spend the
extra $350 for this guy over the Island cooler? – No way. I wouldn’t. – I’m asking them, not you. – I know, but you could’ve been asking me. – I don’t wanna ask you. – Oh, thanks. Not $350 dollar cooler.
– What cooler do you guys use? And would you use this? Let us know. That’s what’s inside of a cooler. See ya. (claps rhythmically) Alright. Cool. – [Lincoln] I like
pencils more than paper. – [Dan] Oh, that’s the answer. No, that’s not the answer. – That’s the, no, no.
– This is it. Okay.