♫ The sounds from the sheng and xiao die away in the distance, in the sparse, declining light ♫
(T/N reed instrument made of vertical pipes; end-blown flute) ♫ Memories of my past, my companions in youth. ♫ ♫ Over boundless years, old affairs have become difficult to recall. ♫ ♫ ’ve used a lifetime of truth to put up a pretense. ♫ ♫ Parting without opening these cupped hands full of tears. ♫ ♫ Clears my vision and permits me to resist ♫ ♫ Perhaps when targeted by love it is not wise to separate ♫ ♫ The morning wind can not dispel the aftermath. ♫ ♫ Whose hidden tears made the blooming flowers blush, ♫ ♫ And in the desolate and dreary torrential storms to painfully droop low, ♫ ♫ Unwilling to blossom again alone? ♫ ♫ The coming day belongs to the young. ♫ ♫ As the glimmer of dawn becomes again the setting sun. ♫ ♫ Who is this person who does not sleep soundly in the middle of the night? ♫ ♫Sitting and watching the autumn wind puff out and penetrate the palace curtains. ♫ ♫One strand held in remembrance, shackling sentiment and concern. ♫ ♫ Always submerged in the fragrant incense of fleeting time ♫ Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 9 – Look at how good Sister A’Rou’s spirit is today.
– Sister A’Rou, hello. The people in Yanxi Palace are finally very happy. Sister A’Rou, hello. Her Highness Consort Xian is being favored now. Sister A’Rou, hello. Even her servant is getting cocky now? Sister A’Rou, hello. Do your work. Walk carefully. Take note of the steps. Be careful in holding the items in your hands. Those were items from the Internal Palace that His Majesty especially ordered to be given to us. Let’s see who among you dares to be negligent. Mistress, those are fabrics newly delivered by the Internal Palace, right? They look way better than the ones before. Walking all the way here while holding the gifts bestowed by His Majesty, you must feel so happy, right? People in the palace are so materialistic. They bow their head when they see us, but once we turn our backs, don’t know what kind of arrangement they’re doing. It is exactly because they are too materialistic, you think they won’t know who’s being favored and who’s not? Don’t write it anymore on your face. These sewn-together furs were originally not part of the initial gifts. They’re a special gift from the Internal Palace as a show of respect to you. Also, Sister… There are two duoluoni with sheepskin collared Chinese-style gowns here, (T/N this is a Western woolen fabric) one rose-flowered lined, mouse-grey leather coat, and one carmine damask quilted with cotton fengxian skirt. (T/N “immortal phoenix”) These were especially given to us by the Inner Palace. I accepted them, after repeatedly asking Mistress for permission. Those people… I know that the eyes of those people are sharper than blades. They can see everything so clearly. For His Majesty coming here often, I also feel happy for you. The happier you are, the more you shouldn’t show it. Okay already. It’s about the end of the year soon. Go change your clothes. Wearing them will look more festive. Thank you, Mistress. You two get two each. Sister A’Ruo, you pick first. Mistress, a gift especially sent by His Majesty is placed outside. Go look at it. Mistress. His Majesty especially sent people to deliver these. So beautiful. The person hasn’t reached Jiangnan yet, but the green plums are already here. His Majesty remembered that I love the green plums of Suhang the most. (T/N “Su”zhou + “Hang”zhou) The greatest thing in life is when two hearts know each other. Isn’t that both parties remembering each word and action of the other? His Majesty gifts whatever Mistress likes. His Majesty really paid attention to remember them. Look. This Suhang green plum is so rare. A plum fragrance in between two hearts. Green plum is rare, but His Majesty’s kind feelings are rarer. Sanbao, move these green plums in the back court and take good care of them. Yes. Also, don’t brag about it. And don’t start any conflict with the people from Xianfu Palace. Yes. We all will remember it. Now it seems that before His Majesty was enthroned, he was cold toward Consort Xian and cared more about the Empress Dowager. Now, Your Highness, Wang Qin also remarked that you should guard against her. You should also pick up some pointers from him too. Be wary of him. He has offended her too. It’s because of this that he’s afraid. That’s why he’s relying on Your Highness. He’s fawning on me and Consort Xian both. People like him go where the wind blows. He’s not sincere toward me at all. But he is useful. He is useful, but he’s slippery. It’s not easy to control him. Mistress, the medicine was just brewed. Drink it while it’s hot. Second Class Attendant Mei. I’m too shy to face you. No matter how ugly your scars are, let me take a look. What are you afraid of? I’m too shy to face Your Majesty, first because of the scar on my face. Second, it was because I was too reckless in having a conflict with Her Highness Consort Xian. You have conflicts with quite a number of people. Let me take a look. Noble Consort Hui slapped your cheek. Why didn’t you tell me? I was overly-confident and had a conflict with the Noble Consort only as a last resort. I’m my parents’ daughter too. I didn’t want to be humiliated by her either. But I didn’t tell Your Majesty, because I wanted to give you face too. I should face the consequences for my own mistakes. If I trouble Your Majesty with this, who am I then? Why did you finally lament to the Empress then? When I was slapped by the Noble Consort, the Empress protected Noble Consort Hui. So I now wanted let the Empress know that she was cruel in protecting the Noble Consort. Sulian gave you the ointment. Weren’t you suspicious then? Why would I suspect that the Empress directed Sulian to do this? If the Empress wanted to make things difficult for me, and can’t tolerate me, she should do the same to Consort Xian as well. Shut up. Who are you to criticize the Empress? I’m wrong, but I have grievances. I was born of a low status and still want to be Your Majesty’s woman. Others look down on me. Being beaten was a punishment, I acknowledge this. But why do I also need to be stabbed in the back? You were born of a low status and favored by me too. I have made things difficult for you. If I want to be Your Majesty’s woman, must I be born with a high-status background before I’m considered eligible? Just because I’m from a more humble background, must I be bullied by others? I wanted to console you, but you didn’t cry. This is rare. Let’s do this. I will tell them that even if you came from a low-status family, as long as I want you to be with me, no one can say anything. I will do my best. Recover from your scar. I will visit you again after that. Your Majesty, take care. Scared me to death. I thought His Majesty was here to denounce you for your crime. Who says so? He doesn’t like others to bully me because of my low-status background. Mistress, this incident has caused an uproar. Although Consort Xian was cleared of any suspicions, the Noble Consort and Empress are not completely innocent too. The Imperial Physician has already given you the medication. Mistress, stop touching the leadwort. will throw this away. My lifetime of prosperity is given by His Majesty. Would I still be afraid to look at this face? I’m a shameless person in the first place. I can be unreasonable, create a scene and act like a spoiled child. Mistress, don’t belittle yourself. You have suffered. Didn’t His Majesty still dote on you? I should thank you for teaching me this. It’s that after a few slaps, His Majesty won’t take my side either. I needed to be so pitiful that His Majesty became enraged, and also arranged for Manzi to take the fall for the crime. I won’t let the Noble Consort slap me for nothing. I already said that you must properly treat your face and don’t delay receiving the grace of His Majesty. One would not harm themselves, it must be due to a situation. Noble Consort Hui uses this tactic. I will too. The Empress instructed the House of Internal Affairs to distribute these clothes. The Empress is in charge of the Inner Palace and respects you and is being filial. Is the Empress really that sincere? When she came into the palace, events kept happening one after the other. She has caused His Majesty to be dissatisfied. And so now she appears to be filial before the Empress Dowager? And also now looks good in front of His Majesty too. Second Class Attendant Mei is capable. Although she received your tips, she even dared to apply the leadwort onto her face. When she created a fuss, she became more favored. She even applied pressure on the Empress and the Noble Consort, and killed three eagles with one arrow. Only because this Inner Palace is a pond of muddy water, I, the Empress Dowager, will have to take charge. That’s right. That’s how Consort Xian benefited from both sides of the disputes. His Majesty was cold towards Consort Xian for the past few days. You don’t need to force him into a corner as well. This is the beginning of the auspicious new year. We are having a feast with the Empress Dowager. She must be happy. Elders like liveliness. This is the first day of the new year. My good wishes to you. I wish you great happiness, prosperity and peace. You even know how to say these lucky wishes. You are late today. Was it because you took time to groom yourself? These are the wishes that you want. Seeing that it’s a good day today, naturally, I should dress up. Suoxin, don’t you have two pieces of new clothing too? Why aren’t you wearing it? The winter clothes need to be washed. I gave them to Sister A’Ruo. s that so? Wasn’t it agreed that each will have two sets of clothes? Why did you seize it? I was thinking, those clothes were too glamorous. Suoxin may not like them. Did you ask Suoxin about this? Return the clothes to Suoxin. Yes. You didn’t need to stick up for me and make it difficult for Sister A’Ruo. I’m okay with anything. A’Ruo’s personality is like this. I know that she does things covertly and must have given you a hard time. Mistress. Thank you very much. Look at you stupid people. You even learned to wear the red-velvet hairpin from others. You are just like a red velvet bow on a watermelon! Start working now. She is like this. That’s right. [ Cining Palace ] – Greetings to Royal Mother.
– Greetings to Your Highness the Empress Dowager. I wish Royal Mother health, happiness and longevity. Greetings to the Empress Dowager. Wish Empress Dowager will have a heart of gold and long life, have thousands of blessings. Greetings to the Royal Grandmother. I wish Royal Grandmother health, prosperity, longevity and peace.
[ First Prince Yonghuang ] Excellent. Rise, everyone. Thank you, Empress Dowager. Everyone is gathered here. It makes me happy to see this. Let’s not observe the rules. Everyone, take a seat. Children, come here. Come to me. haven’t seen you for a while. Let me take a look at you. So well-behaved. His Majesty already has three sons. Jingse is the only princess. She is also a precious person.
[ Princess Hejing, Jingse ] His Majesty dotes on the Third Princess. That’s why when he was enthroned, he gave her the title of Gurun Princess Hejing. (T/N this title is only for an Empress’ daughter; others may be titled Heshuo Princess) Tradition has it that princesses will only have a title when they marry out from the family. His Majesty is very fond of Jingse. I feel that it’s a bit too much. The Empress was not lucky during the birth of the First Princess. (T/N baby died in 1728) Consort Zhe’s Second Princess was stillborn. (T/N Posthumous name for the mother of the First Prince) It’s a pity that she’s no longer here. (T/N died August 1735 CE, prior to Qianlong’s coronation ) have only one daughter. She’s also the eldest daughter. Thus, there is no harm in doting on her. A daughter attracts love and pampering. Jingse, come here. Come to your Royal Grandmother. Go. – Go now.
– Come here. Jingse is rather reserved. She has been over-pampered too. Jingse, go to Royal Grandmother now. Go now. Forget it. After all, she’s the eldest princess of a royal family and rather reserved. Yonghuang, why aren’t you approaching your Royal Grandmother? Royal Grandmother, I have a cold. dare not approach you. Look at Yongzhang, he’s well-fed.
[ Third Prince Yongzhang ] Yonglian has grown taller too. (T/N Second Prince) Why is Yonghuang still so skinny? Reporting to the Empress Dowager, his appetite hasn’t been good. He’s playful. When no one was watching him, he jumped into the snow
[ Teacher/Nanny Momo Lishi ] and caught a cold. No matter young he is, he is a young master. f subordinates like you don’t teach him well, how can there be a grown-up master? He’s the eldest son of the Emperor. You should have served him better! I was wrong. I was wrong! Three of my grandchildren are sick. I’m worried. An adequate amount of descendants is an image of prosperity and thriving. It’s the new year now. The new year comes with new weather changes. Everyone is pretty like a flower. You must step up on providing more sons. Your Majesty, am I right? You are right. The eldest son and the eldest daughter are precious. Whoever gives birth to the first child after His Majesty’s enthronement, he or she is even more precious. Enough, let’s end it here. I would like to speak to the Emperor and Empress separately. We are taking our leave. Go now. Empress, many events have happened recently in the palace. Can you cope with it? Regarding the harem, I’m still inexperienced. I still can’t cope with it. I heard that after creating a scene at Xianfu Palace, the concubines did the same thing at Yangxin Palace Hall. There wasn’t any peace at all. I’m young and don’t have enough experience to manage the six palaces. Empress, you are my right-minded and proper daughter-in-law. I dote on you, but I must teach you too. You have lost the urgency. I will listen to your teachings. The Emperor has only these few sons. It’s necessary to have a succession of sons. But the way you let the concubines groom themselves, they look no better than how they looked when they entered the palace. It caused the Emperor to squint at such an ugly sight. This is too inexpensive of you. I admit my fault. Rise. You are not bad at saving and cutting down waste, but you must take care of the harem and the Emperor’s image. When the ministers assemble in the Imperial court, they must not see the supreme and mighty masters in their heart are dressed worse than they are. It’s like Bodhisattva in the temple without any gold and her red sandalwood seat. Would the people bow down sincerely? They would only say that they are shabby. Your strict and severe frugality is great. Anywhere else it might not abolish an organization, but it can’t be done in the Forbidden City. The son the Emperor most values, his eldest son has caught a cold. If anything were to happen to Yonghuang, how will you account to Consort Zhe in heaven? Royal Mother is correct that the Empress wasn’t steady in handling this. With Royal Mother’s guidance, the Empress will know what to do in the future. You are smart and virtuous. You will naturally understand this. Please take care of me, Royal Mother. If you are willing to take my advice, it’s nothing much. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. What is it? I would like to talk to you. I’m rather tired from talking to Royal Mother for a long time. By the way, when you have the time, teach Jingse. Naturally, a princess must be reserved, but she must know how to be decent too. Yes. His Majesty is leaving. Respectfully sending off Your Majesty. Your Highness the Empress, His Majesty doesn’t seem happy. Go to Xiefang Dian (Xiefang Palace Hall) and straighten out and fill in the staffs of Yonghuang and Yongzhang. What about the Second Prince? Yonglian has enough people to serve him. He doesn’t need the extravagance. Yes. The older First Prince grows, the more scheming he becomes. When His Majesty will sometimes visit Xiefang Palace Hall, First Prince acts strongly throughout and steals the limelight from the Second Prince. Her Highness the Empress is anxious about this too. An eldest son born of a concubine dares to put pressure on the first-born legitimate son? (T/N Yonglian) Simply put, this is rebelling. He is sick, and he still doesn’t forget to tell tales. I don’t dare to be mean to him anymore. Why wouldn’t you dare to do that? You still have Her Highness the Empress. Don’t worry and just do it. Really? Are you talking about Guiren Jia? (Noble Lady Jia) Mistress, what’s so amusing? For a single lady, you mustn’t hear it, it mustn’t be mentioned. Take a break and have some refreshments. What’s this new fun stuff again? These are the Flower Blossom Cakes from the little kitchen. They are popular among common folk. I was thinking that the dishes during the new year are usually meat and fish, so I made some dessert that’s good for digestion. Suoxin is always very considerate. Yes, she is. Since these are what children love to eat, take more with you. Deliver them to the Third Prince at Xiefang Palace Hall. Yes. You are so nice to Third Prince. Between the three of us, only Lüyun has children. I really envy her. Talking about this, it’s strange. Her Highness Imperial Concubine Chun’s Third Prince was so chubby and strong, and always wrapped up tightly. The momos at Xiefang Palace Hall don’t pay that much attention to the Second Prince. Third Prince is the youngest. He should be taken care of. Bring these snacks and hand them over to Third Prince’s momo later. Watch her feed the Third Prince and check if he likes it. Yes. Sister Suoxin. Eldest Prince! Greetings to the Eldest Prince. What is this? These are the freshly-made snacks from Yanxi Palace. I’m delivering these to the Third Prince at Xiefang Palace Hall. Third Brother has all the nice food. He can’t even finish it all. I don’t have anything at all. Do you want to eat this? I will let you have one. These are snacks from Consort Xian to Third Brother. If you give this to me, aren’t you afraid that she would punish you? Her Highness Consort Xian dotes on you. It’s not a big deal to let you have one. Isn’t that Suoxin, the maid of Consort Xian? Eat slowly. Don’t choke yourself. What is she saying to the First Prince? Empress Dowager values him. I believe Consort Xian sent her here to get close to him. Where did you go to play? There are ashes on your face. You just had a meal half an hour ago and you are devouring this. They didn’t allow me to eat my fill. They take the food when I have only finished half a bowl. They were afraid that I would choke, but I’m hungry. “They”? Who are they? Those momos who serve me. First Prince, what about those who attend you? They don’t like to follow me. They let me roam freely. First Prince, eat this snack secretly. Don’t tell anyone that it’s from me. I’m leaving now. Don’t tell anyone that I ate this secretly. Or else, I will be scolded too. Would I dare to scold you? First Prince. – First Prince.
– It’s Momo Li. Leave now. First Prince! First Prince! First– First Prince, why are you roaming here? Go back with me now. You really don’t give me any peace of mind. You said that you saw the First Prince but there were no attendants with him? Yes, he came out from behind the rock sculptures and his clothes were stained with mud. No one was with him. I also remember there was grease on his clothes. It’s not time for dinner yet. The breakfast of the princes and princesses is usually light and has no meat or fish. The grease must be from last night. It means that no one is taking good care of him. I keep hearing them say that the momos taking care of the First Prince in Xiefang Palace Hall are fewer than the momos sent by Her Highness the Empress who take care of the Second Prince. Perhaps the First Prince is naughty and mischievous, as well as not well known. Is he naughty, or the staff in Xiefang Palace Hall lazy? This needs to be investigated in detail before you know. But you said that he was afraid of being scolded for eating the snack. It’s possible that he’s being bullied by the attendants. Don’t talk about this first, lest you make a mistake. I understand. First Prince is very pitiful. His mother passed away when he was eight years old and no one takes care of him. He is not complete at all. Elder Sister, let’s not talk about this child now and think too much about this. When you have your own son, that will be great. I would like to a child too but nothing’s happening. It will happen. What kind of prescription is this? It’s so bitter. Lord Gao specially looked for this. Drink some of it. Take it away. Mistress, it may give you a son if you drink it. I’m being favored but I don’t know why I can’t get pregnant. Don’t be too anxious. Your weak qi and blood stasis illness has been there since you were little. (T/N TCM) You have been worried for the past few years and didn’t take care of yourself. If this nursing continues, I won’t forgive anyone. Mistress. If you are in a hurry to have a child, why don’t you support the First Prince first? First Prince? Her Highness the Empress keeps complaining that he’s the eldest son but she is always indifferent. I can tell from looking at Sulian’s face. Because he’s the eldest son, you should support him like a mother and son. Your status will be different. Didn’t you hear that the Empress sent the physician to check on him? That’s because the Empress Dowager values him. It takes time for your health to get back on track. You won’t be able to catch up by giving His Majesty the first son born after his enthronement. Won’t you suffer losses? Why don’t you support the First Prince first and take on the post as his foster mother? What’s the use of being one? Even more so, when he’s not my biological son. Isn’t the Empress Dowager the foster mother of His Majesty too? That’s right too. But why would Her Highness the Empress allow me to be his foster mother? Don’t think about Her Highness’ opinion first. Think about yourself first. If you raise the First Prince until he’s an adult, you may not need to see the Empress again. I wonder if His Majesty is willing. In the ancestor’s family law, there has always been a humble child of a birth mother who was handed to a noble-born consort to raise. Even more so, when Consort Zhe has already passed away. This is justifiable. Consort Zhe and the Empress are from the same (Fuca) clan. Her Highness has always not been willing to raise him. That’s because she didn’t like Consort Zhe for stealing the limelight by giving birth to a son. Talking about this, the First Prince is rather pitiful too. Her Highness the Empress doesn’t want to raise him. You are the second in ranking after Her Highness the Empress. The good fortune of the First Prince will naturally go to you. When you have your own child in the future, be close to the First Prince and continue to raise him. If he’s not close to you, just send him back to Xiefang Palace Hall. What a good idea. If the First Prince follows me, he will rely on me. Mistress, do you know? When I was passing the garden today, I saw Consort Xian’s maid, Suoxin talking and smiling with the First Prince. You must make your request to His Majesty immediately. Perhaps Consort Xian has the same idea too. If she gets hold of this opportunity, she will be very pleased. This can’t happen. I’m not doing this for myself. I won’t let Consort Xian do it either. That Consort Xian keeps trying to fight for and take away things. She is really irritating. The character must be straight. As for the character “ren”, (T/N person) use more strength with your wrist. Don’t exert too much. I practice every day. The copybook which the Royal Father gave me, it’s always on my desk. Okay. You are my first-born son. You must work hard so that you can set an example for your younger brothers. Understand? I am growing up along with my brothers. I must take on important tasks and not disappoint my Royal Father. Excellent. – Greetings to Your Majesty.
– Greetings to Royal Father. Greetings to Your Highness the Empress. – Eldest Brother.
– Second Brother. Everyone, rise. What brings you here? I went to Xiefang Palace Hall to visit Yonglian just now. [ Second Prince Yonglian ] Yonglian said that he misses his Royal Father. Good son. I miss you too. Yonghuang, how’s your health lately? Replying to Royal Mother, I have fully recovered. Eldest Brother is writing calligraphy. Royal Father, I want to learn too. Okay then. You really want to progress? I have already found a tutor for you. You should probably go to Shang Shufang to study. (T/N the princes’ study as they grow older) Yonghuang, when you have the time, you should teach Yonglian. Understand? I do. I surely will teach my younger brother with all my heart. Excellent. This is the right attitude of the eldest brother. Isn’t that so, Empress? Good sons. Yonghuang and Yonglian are very progressive. I’m very happy. First Prince likes to show off in front of His Majesty. I fear that when he becomes the Crown Prince, he will forget that he was the eldest son of a concubine. Eldest Son’s identity is very dignified. Yonghuang is very intelligent and much better than Yongzhang. But I heard Momo Li say that the First Prince is determined to live up to his mother’s expectations and shows off in front of His Majesty. Consort Zhe taught him that. He is too ambitious. You should instruct those momos and eunuchs then. Yes. Stop the sedan. Greetings to Your Majesty. Rise. Xiyue, what are you doing here? Your Majesty, the three months have already passed. Why aren’t you forgiving me and allowing me to accompany you? It has already been three months? How have you been? I have already recovered, but my body is still not ready yet. You are contradicting yourself. Imperial Physician Qi has great skills and helped to slow down my cold. But it didn’t do anything for my heart. Why do you say this? If I don’t see you for a day, it’s like three seasons. If I don’t see you for three seasons, it’s like a hundred years to me. I can’t cure my love sickness. I’m depressed. Don’t you feel embarrassed saying this in public? My heart is sincere. Why would I be embarrassed? If you still don’t come, I will end up terribly. So irrational. Your Majesty, you just said that you will be going to Yanxi Palace. Your Majesty, Consort Xian has been accompanying you for a long time. Can’t she give in to me for once? Your Majesty. You are not giving me any choice. Lower the sedan. Lower the sedan. Greetings to Your Highness Consort Xian. Sorry to have kept Your Highness Consort Xian waiting. His Majesty has gone to Xianfu Palace. He instructed me to tell you this. Eunuch Wang, you have worked hard. You should have told us earlier. Did you need to create a hassle for us like this? His Majesty is staying at Xianfu Palace. Hence, I need to go to the Office of Respectful Affairs to advise them to log the file for this. I only have this pair of legs. I was delayed. It’s good that His Majesty is taking his rest at Noble Consort Hui’s place. Eunuch Wang, it’s late in the night. Be careful when you leave. Sanbao, get the lantern for Eunuch Wang. Don’t go to the trouble. I will leave on my own. Thank you, Your Highness. Let’s leave. Mistress. Didn’t His Majesty said that he wouldn’t accompany the Noble Consort for three months? It has already been three months. Can’t she restrain herself? It will be hard for her not to compete. Because she’s unable to receive favors from His Majesty, she’s also shortsighted and ignorant. She’s unable to secure her position. A’Ruo, it’s already an achievement that you are able to secure a position here. Be careful when you talk. Don’t be complacent. I’m just not happy to see the Noble Consort behaving like this. If you are not happy, just keep it inside your heart. If others hear you, it’s easy to cause disputes. If I haven’t served you since I was young, I wouldn’t have dared to say this. You are now in the position of being the Emperor’s court lady (maid servant), you should be more steady. There is no need to be acidic in your remarks. If you respect others, others will respect you. I know that I’m wrong. You can leave. Let Suoxin attend to me. Yes. Sister A’Ruo. Sister A’Ruo, has the Mistress settled down yet? Should I deliver tea to her? What are you worrying about? If you are worried, others may not necessarily think that you are sincere.
[ Xiao Fuzi ] Did Mistress blame you again? She’s merely upset. After she has vented her anger, she will dote on you again. No one can be closer to her than you. Even more so, your older sister’s noble father is leaving the capital to take an appointed post! His prospects will be good. Even more so, as you are Mistress’ dowry servant. Okay. Suoxin is taking care of Mistress. I’m going to rest. Be diligent and pay attention to what our Mistress needs. Mistress, have some sweet jelly. Frankly, A’Ruo was right too. It’s just that she likes to talk about everything. She’s also anxious about you. Of course, I know this but this is the palace, certain words can’t be expressed freely. There are many things that you can’t rush either. You are calm and composed. But from what I see, the favors bestowed are not constant. The Noble Consort, without even trying, has got back into his good graces again. In the past, His Majesty was indifferent to you, it was due to what the Empress Dowager said. Although the grace of His Majesty comes and goes, I believe in the affection between His Majesty and I. His Majesty gives me peace. I should also be close with him and share his worries. In this palace, the only one who can be close with and share the worries with His Majesty, it’s you. His Majesty has a load on his mind. His heart is not at peace. What is it? Did you hear about His Majesty’s birth mother? I hear others gossip that His Majesty’s birth mother was a palace girl, Li Jingui, from Rehe Palace. He is superstitious about his life experiences but with regards to Madam Li, he has always remembered her. His Majesty regrets that Madam Li didn’t have an identity and status. He can’t talk about it. I would like to make it up to him. Mistress. You must not do this. Don’t even talk about whether His Majesty would agree or not, the Empress Dowager will give you a hard time. Of course, we can’t talk about the birth mother. If we talk about this, Madam Li will want to obtain the title of the Sacred Mother Empress Dowager. Empress Dowager, of course, will not let me off. His Majesty will also lose face and say that I publicized his family’s secret. I will be immediately sent to the Cold Palace. (T/N place of confinement for forgotten or erring women) Avoid this and let’s think of a solution later. Don’t worry. I won’t mention this to His Majesty. But Mistress, you must think about this carefully. But this is very important to His Majesty. I merely want to make it up to him. It’s only just a bit. Your Majesty, I don’t want you to leave. I can’t bear to see you leave. It doesn’t matter if you can’t bear to see me leave or not. I need to attend the Imperial court session. I haven’t been able to accompany you for three months. I feel guilty. Thus, being able to serve you, it’s my fortune. I didn’t let you accompany me previously, it’s because of your cold. You will still need to serve me when you are sick. I can’t bear to let you do this. Now that you have recovered, I will visit you. Really? Your Majesty, did you miss me for the past three months? Make a guess. I’m not going to guess. Of course, I did. Your Majesty, you must remember me then. If not, you will forget about me. You… I don’t want you to get angry. Your Majesty, I have been thinking for the past three months and feel guilty toward you. I wasn’t able to give you a child. Recover well and let’s talk about this again. But when you are not here, Xianfu Palace is cold and lonely. I was thinking. If I have a child, I wouldn’t be alone and this place will be lively. You came to make a request to me last night. Is it because you want to raise Yonghuang? Because of this, I abandoned Consort Xian. Today is the tenth day of the second month. It’s Consort Xian’s birthday. Of course, you would want to visit her. So what if it’s late by a night? Your Majesty. Let me raise the First Prince. Okay? Fine. I will think about it again. I’m leaving for the Imperial court session. I will visit you later. Yes. ♫ntoxicated by the falling flower petals in the plum garden♫ ♫ as if this life were our first time we have met. ♫ ♫ Black silken hair reflecting the frosty moonlight, ♫ ♫ Hands joined together, for our innumerable mortal lives. ♫ ♫ The burden of concern on my mind has paled rose-kissed cheeks, ♫ ♫ Yearning now turns into confusion. ♫ ♫ Glistening teardrops cover the pledge, ♫ ♫ joining hands for a lifetime, when in the past did he change it? ♫ ♫ Flowers start out blossoming in splendor, but are easily destroyed ♫ ♫ Who is that plucking on qin (zither) strings? ♫ ♫ When love becomes deep, people are prone to separate. ♫ ♫ Alone, I sing the sad song of parting. ♫ ♫ Twilight is tardy, spring is late. ♫ ♫ With graceful reasoning, like it had been empty dream, with sighs. ♫ ♫ Let it flow away with the river of time. ♫ ♫ Vast years apart, with no clear date of return or hope, ♫ ♫ Regretfully not admitting the care held deep within my heart. ♫ ♫ Moonlight flows like water, washing away the pretentiousness of the past affairs. ♫ ♫ Sincerity now is the only thing left to depend upon. ♫ ♫ n the endless night, I cannot put down the gray hairs to pursue youth. ♫ ♫ Nor dare to look at you quietly from afar. ♫ ♫ f we can have another lifetime together, may we both be commoners. ♫ ♫ Reunited, and again pledging faithfully to stand by each other. ♫