Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 86 Your subject, greeting Imperial Noble Consort. Physician Jiang. Get on up. Yes. When will His Majesty wake up? I am incompetent. I don’t know. You’ve toiled serving His Majest. Tonight, you should go back and rest. That’d be great. I take my leave. Your Majesty. Your Majesty? Your Majesty. Fine. Your Majesty, you really didn’t write one then. You — Your Majesty! Yangxin Hall Your Majesty. I name 15th prince Yongyan. Great. I am ill and you even selected my successor for me. Not only you selected him, you tried to put it in the secret box. Your Majesty. I saw you were gravely ill. I was worried about the future of the state. So you named your own son? Wei Yanwan will do anything for her own son. Even Yongqi was killed by her. Consort Yu, how are you here? Who did you say killed Yongqi? Your Majesty. I already investigated thoroughly. It was Wei Yanwan who bought Hu Yunjiao early on. And put her to stay by Yongqi’s side. Making moves on Yongqi to kill him. And instructed Hu Yunjiao to use her relationship with Yongqi to frame Sister. These were all her doing. Your Majesty, I don’t even know who Hu Yunjiao is. How can I harm Prince Rong? Consort Yu, you are overly saddened by Prince Rong so you’re framing me? Consort Yu, this is a grave matter. Do you have proof? Your Majesty, I brought in a witness. Summon. Come on in. Chunchan. How are you — Imperial Noble Consort sees that I’m not dead and you must be so startled. Chunchan. Imperial Noble Consort said you went missing. Your Majesty, I didn’t go missing. But I was almost killed off by her to rid of evidence. If it weren’t for her trying to kill me with poison, even if I went into the punishment bureau to get tortured, I wouldn’t have opened my mouth. Now I’ve had an escape from death, so I come to Your Majesty to confess my crime. And I will report all misdeeds by Imperial Noble Consort to you. Chunchan, you can’t speak recklessly before His Majesty. Your Majesty, I have no ounce of nonsense spoken. Imperial Noble Consort. You say you don’t know Hu Yunjiao? But Hu Yunjiao is Nanny Tian’s daughter, Tian Yun’er, isn’t she? You were the one who told me to go find Tian Yun’er in the countryside after Nanny Tian died. And you looked after her for some three or four years in secret. So you can arrange for her to assume the name of Scribe Hu’s daughter’s name to enter Prince Rong’s manor. With the goal of killing Prince Rong through her. And add to that the framing of Consort Yu and Yikun Palace Mistress. What nonsense.
– My nonsense? Imperial Noble Consort. Wasn’t it you who taught Tian Yun’er? Saying she should avenge or her mother since it was Yikun Palace mistress that killed her mother? When it was you who forced her to die using her son and daughter’s lives as hostages. Your Majesty. Great. You killed my Yongqi and my Yongjing? Your Majesty, Chunchan is framing me. I didn’t. I’m innocent. Your Majesty, I knew Wei Yanwan will try to quibble. So I brought in another witness. May you forgive me. Because this is about a case of injustice, I didn’t get your approval, but I acted unauthorized. And went to the borders to bring this man back. Summon him. Yexin. Your criminal, Zuolu, bowing to Your Majesty. What have you to say? Your Majesty, my mother made a mistake. To commit something witchery. But she never killed 13th prince. It was just that she took on Imperial Noble Consort’s crime and died. Zuolu. It was mother who admitted wrong and died. His Majesty already closed the case. Who’s behind you? To run from borders in secret and to frame your sister here by His Majesty? I — it’s already like this now. Why are you still saying that? It was you who told me to give bank note to Zhaqi to attack Consort Yu. Afterwards, you threatened mother to kill me unless she took your blame. She doesn’t even know who that Nanny Tian is, who supposedly harmed Yikun Palace Mistress. You —
– Your Majest, I can attest to Sir Zoulu. Sir Zoulu’s words are all true. 13th prince wasn’t even the first prince Imperial Noble Consort killed. Other than 10th prince, there was also 5th princess and 6th princess. They were all done by Imperial Noble Consort. But actually, your goal wasn’t even 5 or 6th princess then. You wanted to kill the younger 12th prince. This matter should be most clear to Wangchan who was sent by Imperial Noble Consort to steal Fugui’er. Spare me, Your Majesty. Your Majesty, I did deceive that year. That is a crime. But I was force to. Your Majesty, such a criminal should be killed. Your Majesty, I didn’t. They are cunning —
– You poisonous woman. You wouldn’t let any of my children live. Your Majesty! I am truly innocent. You are merciful to me. Why would I do such things? 5th princess and 6th princess and 13th prince, when they died, I didn’t have any kids yet. Because you didn’t just want to become empress. You hated Yikun Palace mistress. You thought Ling Yunche was smitten by Yikun Palace Mistress. So you craved for Yikun Palace Mistress to be tormented. And many times you used Ling Yunche to defame and frame Yikun Palace Mistress. But in reality, the one who still held an old love for Ling Yunche, was none other than you, Imperial Noble Consort.
– Chunchan. Your Majesty, Maoqian’s report that year was all done by Imperial Noble Consort. Hu Yunjiao’s words before she died was also coached by Imperial Noble Consort. With the goal of separating you and Yikun Palace Mistress so you can depose her from empress seat. So she can become the empress herself. Your Majesty, this ring was given to me by Ling Yunche before his death. It’s Ling Yunche and Wei Yanwan’s love token. Ling Yunche aired his regret to me before his death. That because of him and Wei Yanwan’s relationship, it implicated His Majesty and defamed Sister. Your Majesty. Ling Yunche and I are just old acquaintances. I reported this to you from the beginning. You knew about this. Imperial Noble Consort, you could have also reported to His Majesty, that year when you were childless for a long time, you used scented incense on Ling Yunche and wanted… You! Wanted to do what with him? Continue to talk. Imperial Noble Consort intended to seduce him sire a royal child. Fortunately, Ling Yunche resisted. That’s it was abandoned. Hussy! You even dare to mess with the royal bloodline?! Your Majesty, I know that no matter what I say now, you will never believe me. But he really took advantage of me and falsely accused me. Chunchan, you said that you escaped from death. Who were with you with and who taught you to say this? Zoulu! You’ve always been a lazy money and lust greed. How much benefits did they give you? Wangchan, why did you suddenly back stabbed me? Consort Yu, why are you – staging such a big show to frame me?
– I framed you? Do you dare to swear that you didn’t do all these? When you replaced the secret box, I personally witnessed it. Are you saying that I framed you too? Your Majesty. About the secret box, I had no such thoughts. Imperial Physician Jiang said your illness was serious and difficult to treat. You also used to tell me what you like Fifteenth Prince very much. Wangchan instigated me that I must plan for Yongyan’s future. I was instigated by others. That’s why I was momentarily clueless. Wangchan, when you spoke just now, were you already bribed by them to back stab me? Wei Yanwan, just admit to what you did. Stop implicating others. What did I do? Your Majesty, they have schemed against me. Your Majesty, think about it. When I committed the mistake, you woke up. When I was just discovered by you, Consort Yu brought them here immediately. Your Majesty, don’t you think that this matter is too comprehensive and coincidental? Also, looking at how weak you are now but your illness is not that serious as what Imperial Physician Jiang said. Hence, I was thinking, isn’t your illness a bit odd? Your Majesty, when you were sick and lying in bed, it has always been Imperial Physician Jiang who attended to you. He was the only one who read your pulse. Everyone in the palace only listens to him. Consort Yu. Was everything arranged by you and Her Lady from Qiankun Palace? And also, Chunchan. During the 100th day of Prince Rong, you were held captive by Qiankun Palace for half a day. Were you bribed by them during that period to frame me? That’s right, Your Majesty. It must be Her Lady from Yikun Palace who held grudges against me and resented you. To risk using your royal health to set up a trap to kill me. Your Majesty, I won’t regret dying but their plot to kill you is a great sin. Your Majesty. You still really have a clever and confused mouth. Royal Mother, what brings you here? If I don’t come, how could I open my eyes to see this vicious mother who harmed a royal child? Empress Dowager, I’m being falsely accused. I wouldn’t dare to do that. You wouldn’t dare? Emperor. Ever since Yongqi has been raised my me, I have been suspicious of his inappropriate diet. I discovered that mushrooms were added into his food. I went to the Imperial Physician. It was verified to be poisonous. Fujia. Your Majesty. The Imperial Physician said these mushrooms have a slow poisonous effect. It will ruin the organs if they are taken daily for a long time. If one wants someone to die, it will be extremely difficult to detect. No, it’s not so. – If it’s not, eat these them.
– No. Eat these! Your Majesty. After the death of Prince Rong, she instructed me to add these to Twelfth Prince’s food. So that, Twelfth Prince will lose his life. Twelfth Prince was able to have a smooth succession but fortunately, Empress Dowager personally raised him and became aware of it. It wasn’t convenient for Imperial Noble Consort to take actions again. Despicable hussy. Death is near at hand and you still say that you are being falsely accused? How much worth do you think you hold? For someone to use the emperor’s health and the great future of Great Qing to settle the score with a whore like you? You said you got schemed but a rotten corpse courts the maggots. If it’s not because of your selfish and evil heart, who else but you would do this kind of fraudulent and monstrous crimes? You just said that this was a trap. Yes. Ruyi wanted me to tell you that this was indeed a trap. But all those traps, were chosen by ourselves. It’s like the roads before us. Just where you go, were also decided by ourselves. Others are not to be blamed. Royal Mother, you went to Qiankun Palace? I brought a message here on behalf of Ruyi and also brought something here on her behalf., Fujia. Yes. Madam Wei, you committed evil deeds and harmed many people. Are you still clear about this? You don’t even remember? Ruyi has been helping you to record these. Every innocent lives that you have harmed, Ruyi has personally wrote them on these scripture flags. Turn around and count them. [ . . . 13th prince ] [ 6th Princess, Ling Yunche…] Emperor. What Ruyi is trying to say, it’s up to you on how to dispose of Madam Wei. But before that, Ruyi hopes that Madam Wei with regards to all these scripture flags, for everyone that she has harmed, she will condemn her sins. And take these scripture flags to Anhua Palace Hall and release their souls from purgatory and also let those those died from being falsely accused, rest in peace. Your Majesty, I didn’t do it. Didn’t you hear clearly? Go there now. Kneel down and bow in front of each and every scripture flags. Go now! Men! Your Majesty, I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it. Bow. [ Ling Yunche ] Your Highness. [ Thirteenth Prince Yongjing ] [ 5th princess Jingse ] Your Highness. After thinking for such a long time, you finally let the evil person suffer her own consequences. But those people who left, will never return. Enough. I have brought the message and the matter that I was supposed to do. Take these scripture flags to Anhua Palace Hall. As for what happens next, Emperor, you should know what to do. Yes, Royal Mother. Consort Yu, escort the Empress Dowager to Anhua Palace Hall. Your Majesty. About older sister… I have my own arrangements. Yes. You can leave first. Yuhu. Bring the Qianji medicine (for granting death). Your Majesty. Your Majesty. Your Majesty, I know my wrong. I really do. May you spare my life. May you spare me. Think of my kids. Let me live. You still dare to bring up the royal heirs? Your Majesty. Yikun Palace Mistress wants me to confess, then I don’t dare not to. I didn’t want to do these things. I just had no choice. I had no other way. Delusional! Someone forced you to commit all evils? Your Majesty, you say I committed all evils. But in the harem, in the dark and in the open, am I the only one who commits harm? You’re evil and you dare to accuse my harem? I said wrong? Your Majesty, you dare to say someone has clean hands? Drag her down.
-Yes Your Majesty. spare me. Your Majesty, spare me. The medicine will be very painful once activated. Your limbs will feel they are leaving you, pain unbearable and that’s why it’s called Qianji (leviating) medicine. His Majesty rarely grants this medicine. Let me serve you to drink it. Your Majesty truly wants me to die. When I was graced by you. I was only a young maiden and I started to serve you. These years, it was you that raised me. You taught me. So I could come to this today. Now I’m in this plight. It’s you who saw wrong back then? Or did I not learn well enough from you? You blame me now? These years, I am very clear. You never had half a true heart towards me. But I don’t care. As my man and as my husband and emperor. But you never got my heart either. I am the emperor, who dares not to obey sincerely? Obeying, yes, but no sincerity whatsoever. Not just me though. In your palace, so many consorts. How many are true to you? Oh right. The one in Yikun Palace is sincere to you. But she still cut her hair and got locked up by you. Look at how angry you are now. So I said the truth? My cheap life. I’ve been forced the Qianjin medicine by you. What can you do with me now? It’s a release to die. These years, in the palace, treading on thin ice. Finally I’ve endured to the end. You thought I’d give you such a smooth ending? I won’t. Drag her out so she doesn’t dirty up my Yangxin Hall. Yes. I escort you back to your palace. Be well. Depart. Go. His Majesty said he won’t let you have it so smooth. You just be good. Your Highness. Yikun Palace gate’s finally open. Alright. Sister Rong, you haven’t seen Sister in so long too, right? Rongpei, we all came to see Empress. Announce us. Mistresses, my mistress said it’s just ended and she’s tired. For now, she doesn’t want to see people. May you all return. Sister, you all go first. I will go and see Sister. Consort Yu. Sister wont’ see me either? Eunuch Li, please return. You said to Mistress that we are here by His Majesty’s order to deliver Empress’s scroll and treasure? Yes, I did. But she says she won’t meet you. And said to take back the scroll and treasure. Forgive me, Your Majesty. You allowed me to return to serve you again. And as soon as I came back, you gave me such an honorable chore. But I’m incompetent. I didn’t get this chore done. She didn’t say anything else? Nothing? Your Majesty, Mistress had her scroll and treasure snatched away. Now to have it back suddenly, it might feel complicated for her and unsure of what to do. How about I go again in a few days? Alright. She didn’t take it after all. Royal Mother is here. Greetings to Your Majesty. Royal Mother. You saw Ruyi before. Did she say anything to you? That Wei Yanwan. Back when she attacked Consort Shu and her son, I knew then she wasn’t some good kind. But I never thought just how evil she was. To kill off so many royal heir? And she still wants to be some empress? I am already investigating these matters. Just that Wei Yanwan is cautious. And many things, the years went by, so it’s hard to find any proof. What do you wish to do? Royal Mother, this is a risky measure. But I want to see if His Majesty is truly in dire state, if Wei Yanwan will go to the final step of hell. I knew so I kept this from you. But I wanted to know the final truth. Now everything has its end result. The evil is punished. Ruyi’s trouble didn’t go to vain. Those lives that died by Wei’s hands can all rest in peace. When I sent those sutras to Anhua Hall, I really admired Ruyi. I have lived so long. I saw the open and dark fights in the court and harem for power and title. But with Ruyi, favor, or power, or empress seat. She didn’t care about any of that. She only loved all the way. Wishing only to be good and grudge-free. Sometimes I think, in this palace, I endured bitterly all my life. But to be like Ruyi, to sustain her love only. Just which of us is truly the free one? Mistress. Mistress? I am — Where am I? You’re in your Yongshuo Palace. Yongshuo Palace? I am not dead then? His Majesty couldn’t spare you to die. Afterwards, yesterday, he had Aunt Yuhu come feed you the antidote. Yes. I still have Yongyan. His Majesty wouldn’t let me die. You two whores that sell your mistress. How dare you still appear before me. Whore — Don’t waste your energy for nothing now. We still need to be master and servant forever. What is this? What is this? This is broth from His Majesty’s granting. You just drink it on time daily. His Majesty’s sweet gesture. You take it nicely. Ruyi. I know these days, you don’t wish to see others and you don’t leave the gate. So I came to see you myself. Is your health any better? It’s better. Good then. In a few days, I will be carrying out the tradition of hunting at Mulan. Are you willing to come with me? Carriage and journey is toiling. I don’t think I can handle it. Fine then. Then you — stay in the palace. And manage the harem for me. Ruyi. I know so many things in the past, you were compromised. But the past, it’s all in the past. Don’t let them stay on your mind. Those things are faint memories to me now. Good then. When I get back from Mulan. The scroll and treasure that belong to you. I hope you will take them back. I will wait for you. Your Majesty. Do you know the saying of ‘orchid beginnings still end’?
[ Reference to stoy of spring and autumn period. King Wen of Zheng had a happy marriage in beginning but sad ending.] When I read it in youth, I could only feel some regretful sentiment. But now I comprehend it. Flowers bloom and flowers fall. There is timing to them. Your autumn hunting this year. May you take care. [ Orchid beginnings still end ] When I read it in youth, I could only feel some regretful sentiment. But now I comprehend it. Flowers bloom and flowers fall. There is timing to them. Your Majesty, you’ve been sitting here for half the day. Have some tea. Your Majesty, this ‘orchid beginnings still end.’ What does it mean? These four words say, the beginning of a man and woman’s fate is beautiful in the beginning. But in the end, they will separate. Sir Lang knew you wanted, so he had me take it back. Your Highness. Your Highness, you’re — ♫ Being your favorite and being forgotten both are argued in my heart, at a loss to arrive at an explanation. ♫ ♫ You bear witness to constant changes in my well-being, my sorrows and my joys, the path of my dreams forever cut off. ♫ ♫ You draw my hand to embroider all alone in my loneliness, silken clothes pile up under the moonlight. ♫ ♫ Telling myself they might be used for warmth, but who would dare? ♫ ♫ Whose life after life is filled with paired images of love and resentment? ♫ ♫ One side is beautiful, the other expressionless and silent. ♫ ♫ From a distance, visits come around without word of your approach, ♫ ♫ filling time between acts perhaps? ♫ ♫ Feelings fracture, forgive and wistfully anticipate, forgetting they’re part of the paired image, ♫ ♫ One day in cold indifference, the next in warm recollection. ♫ ♫ If only we might perpetually walk in the brilliant sunlight ♫ ♫ This lifetime has been so dismally overcast. ♫ ♫ From now on, this lifetime will be… ♫ ♫ without clouds. ♫