Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 83 Slower, Prince. Earlier at Cining Palace waiting to greet.
[ Yongqi’s main wife. Sirin-Gioro Clan ] You were probably freezing in the snow. It’s fine. I have to go — Prince. Prince, what’s wrong? It’s fine.
– I will help you up. The ground is slippery. It’s fine. Careful, Prince. Are you alright? Should we send for a carriage? Prince. We should call the royal physician. Prince, let me assist you. Prince, let me hold you to walk.
– It’s fine. Prince.
– Prince! Prince, what’s wrong? Come. Come. Come. Come, hurry. Prince. What’s wrong? Your Majesty, Prince Rong has a deep abscess and his high fever isn’t dissipating. I fear he’s in grave danger. Jiang Yubin, no matter what, you must treat Yonqi to recovery. I will do my best. Just that, why didn’t you let me come to treat Prince Rong sooner? Why didn’t you have Jiang Yubin come sooner? Yongqi always pushes off the subject. He doesn’t want me to worry. So he’s always kept his sickness from me. So — Based on Prince Rong’s current condition, he should not be moved. It’s best he stays in the palace for treatment. Fine then. Prince Rong is to stay in Chonghua Palace to recover. Convenient for Jiang to treat him and convenient for Consort Yu and I to visit. Prince Rong’s princess consort is to stay to help. Yes. Yes. I shall go make his medicine. I take my leave. Mother. Prince is usually looked after by Lady Hu. She’s more detailed. Perhaps we should summon her in. Having an extra set of hands to look after Yongqi is good. It’s already the first month. 5th prince might be so busy he forgot to deliver flowers and sandalwood. Yesterday I heard the gate guard talking idly. They said 5th prince’s old ailment is back. I’m not sure if it’s really true. Then it might be true. 5th prince’s old bone disease has come back for years. But how come it’s just getting so fierce come now? Is it Yongqi not well Your Highness. It seems so. You go find out what happened. Yes. Your Majesty, Imperial Noble Consort is here. I greet Your Majesty.
– I greet Royal Father. Get on up. Sit. Come, Yongyan, let me see you. Imperial Noble Consort, Yongyan is very rule-bound and gentle. It’s all thanks to your work. I remember when Yongqi was young he was so easily loved too. I went to see 5th brother. Royal Father, I am very worried about 5th brother.
[ 15th prince – Yongyan ] I am very worried too. Mother says when you drink in the winter and the drink is cold, it will harm your body. You told him to dissuade me? Yes. I hoped you could understand the child’s thoughtfulness. Your Majesty, even if you worry so much, don’t drink anymore. Is the medicine brewed? Almost done. I will get it. Yongqi, you’re awake. You’re finally awake. You scared me to death. I’m sorry to worry you. Don’t say that. Now we need you to hurry and get better. You’re a silly child. Why do yo keep it from me when it’s this bad? Your royal father’s so worried about you. I am in my prime youth. But I worry you. I am not filial. I won’t fare. I can never show my devotion to you and Royal Mother. That won’t happen. Physician Jiang came to see you. He will treat you. I will have him treat you to recovery. I know my condition. Quiet but once activated, it is fatal. Mother. If something should happen to me, in my manor, there isn’t much I can’t spare. Just — Mianyi. And Yunjiao. May you look after them for me. Don’t say these things to me. You are my one and only son. How can you spare? What about me? Prince Rong is about done, right? Yes. Has Hu Yunjiao come into the palace. She has. Your instructions, I’ve delivered to her as well. When Prince Rong dies, we’ll see how Hu Yunjiao does. Whatever Empress did, she will have to suffer it herself. You are right. Show your cards. I win again. Your Highness, have some hot tea. The sound of the lock opening. The gate is open? Can’t be another problem? Empress. Empress. Your Highness. Prince Rong is about done. Prince Rong is gravely ill. Consort Yu begged for His Majesty’s mercy. And His Majesty allowed you to see Prince Rong for the last time. You should hurry. How is Yongqi? Your Majesty.
– Greetings to Your Majesty. My Yongqi. Yongqi. Yongqi. Royal Father. I am not filial. Yongqi. Don’t say that. Royal Father. I befell to this state. All due to the disease ignored. Not unable to recover. Royal Father. I know I’ve wronged. Yongqi, don’t say more. Royal Father. While I’ve been sick, I kept thinking of old days, when I was being raised by Royal Mother. I fear I can’t wait for her anymore. Royal Father. May I make a plea for your mercy. Have empathy on Royal Mother. Do not resent Royal Mother. Don’t say more. Mother. I’m here. Mother’s here. I — I fear I can’t protect you more. And Royal Mother. Yongqi. Yongqi.
– Yongqi. Jiang Yubin, hurry. I’m here. Your Majesty, Prince Rong has died. Yongqi. Yongqi. How can you just leave me? How can you? Yongqi. Your Majesty. Prince left unfairly. May you seek his justice. Yongqi. Who are you? Why are you saying Yongqi had unfairness? Your Majesty, I am Lady Hu Yunjiao, consort of Prince. Since Prince became ill, it was always me who looked after him. Actually, Prince has been sick for long but he feared to use Physician Jiang. Because it was Mother who had Ling Yunche killed before Royal Mother that year. Empress resented Mother and became aloof with her. So Prince didn’t treat his illness. Hu Yunjiao, what is this nonsense? It was Empress who ordered me to kill Ling Yunche. Where is the aloofness you speak of? And talk of resentment? Yunjiao, Prince was kind to you. You can’t just talk unruly. Mother. Before Empress was confined to Yikun Palace, you didn’t go to her for so long. Other than taking 12th prince in to pay greetings, when did Empress see you? You were compromised so much there by Empress. Prince’s heart ached for you. You mean, Yongqi found out about Ling Yunche’s death. Wasn’t done by Empress but done by Consort Yu? Yes. Empress didn’t want Ling Yunche to die. She had Prince find an auspicious place for a good burial. What auspicious place? I ordered Yongqi to throw Ling Yunche into a mass grave. Prince had done according to your order at first. But Empress couldn’t bear it and she was in such despair. She kept pressuring Prince and he had no choice. So in the end he defied you. For that, Prince suffered day and night in angst and his illness became severe. For her affair, she killed Prince. Such a person can’t be the national mother. Your Majesty. Before his death, Prince said this. Empress cared about Ling Yunche the most in life. To have her as his legitimate mother, it is his shame. You venomous woman. My Yongqi is already gone. And you use him to shame his legitimate mother. You knew how Yongqi was. Empress and I know him better still. He would never say such a thing. Your Majesty is to be sage. Your Majesty, what I said was truly Prince’s words. I served Prince so many years and we were very close. I risk life to report this to you and I didn’t think I would live. What are you doing? Prince. Don’t leave me behind alone. Let me come with you. Prince. Your Majesty, she’s already dead. Sister. Yongqi is dead. And you have the shame to come? Let Hu clanswoman be buried according to a second wife. Yes. How did you treat Yongqi? Why did his beloved wife use her life to report this? Your Majesty, you can’t misunderstand Sister. Though Yunjiao was Yongqi’s beloved concubine, it was just one-sided words from her and you can’t just trust her. Yongqi was your child. And he is also my prince that was most worthy of succession and you still speak for her like this? Your Majesty, I — Em — Ruyi. When we were in Hangzhou, for Ling Yunche, you argued so resolutely. And now? As for granting Ling Yunche to death. Was it Consort Yu? You had Yongqi look for an auspicious location. To bury Ling Yunche properly. Now even Yongqi is killed by you. Great. Great. You said, you were tired of being my empress. You chopped off your hair. So I grant your wish today. Jinbao. Take Ula-Nara out. Take back her empress’s scroll and treasure. I don’t wish to see her again. Yes. You’re not allowed to touch him. Sister. Yongqi. Yongqi. Yongqi. Yongqi. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. [ Qianlong 31st year in reign. 5th prince, Prince Rong of First Rank dies. Posthumously, Prince Rongchun. ] Aunt Rongpei. I take these back to report to duty. Jinbao. I ask you to take are of something. Please instruct me. Go tell Consort Yu the words of Prince Rong’s consort of Hu clanswoman was suspicious. Have her look into her background and never stopping. Interior bureau has a record of Lady Hu’s background. Tell her and she will look into it. I will remember. Yangxin Hall Jinbao, bring the candle. Yes. 5th prince Yongqi to be crown prince. Your Majesty. Prince Rong is gone. May you be consoled. You still have many princes under your care. You just woke up. Physician said this. That you have to cultivate your body. Yuhu. Go take the secret scroll out from the Transparency and Justice sign. As well. Yes. Your Majesty, Jinbao already retrieved Empress’s scroll and treasure. Should we return them to interior bureau per rule? Keep them at Yangxin Hall for now. Yes. Greetings to Imperial Noble Consort. Your Majesty, Imperial Noble Consort is here. Put this away first. Yes. Greetings to Your Majesty. I hear you were awake so I rushed to come check on you. Your Majesty, I worry about you. I am fine. How is Yongqi? Consort Yu and Prince Rong’s wife are there. The interior bureau and the rites office have arranged the funeral. May you be assured. Yuhu. As soon as it’s done. Have Consort Yu rush to Yuanming Garden to settle Yongqi’s memorial. Yes. I will take care of it immediately. Your Majesty. Prince Rong dying in youth is such a shame. But no matter how upset you are, you have to keep your health. You’re pregnant, so you should go. I want some quietness. I take my leave. Mistress, your carriage is ready. No need. I will walk. Mistress, you’re the top person in the harem. You can have whatever you want. If I can really get my wish granted, that will be good. If Yongyan can carry on the succession that will be great. You will get your wish granted. Yes. By the way, since the one in Yikun Palace cut her hair, her mother has fallen ill, is that right? I hear it is true. Her daughter is in such a grave matter so the mother should know. Wangchan. Have a sharp junior eunuch go and tell her. Yes. I will go take care of it now. Yongqi. How can you just abandon me and leave? If it were for Mianyi and your royal mother. I really can’t bear through. It’s my fault. I was inattentive. Hu clanswoman was by your side for so long. But I never found out anything suspicious. Be assured. I will find out the truth. And return you and your royal mother’s innocence. Go in peace. Empress’s scroll. Your Majesty, it’s time for medicine. What about the matter I asked you to look into? Ling Yunche does indeed have a tomb with a headstone. And it’s an auspicious site. I found out it was Prince Rong’s arrangement. Indeed it’s true. Your Majesty, Empress Dowager is here. How are you here, Royal Mother? Sit. You are ill. How are you not resting in bed and up? Thank you for your care. I am feeling better. With such sadness, I know you’re upset and resentful. But you’re the sky of the Qing Dynasty and the pillar of the harem and court. You must heed your health first. I will remember. Empress’s scroll. Yongqi just died and you took back Empress’s scroll and treasure. It’s not me nagging you but you are too rushed. Your illness is your rushed anger attacking your heart. This must be medicine. Hurry and drink it up.
– Yes. Emperor. Yongqi died and I am heart broken too. But only one testimony from Hu and it’s not enough evidence. Now there’s no proof since she’s dead. I feel it’s not right. Yuhu. That day when Yongqi died, it was you who accompanied His Majesty. How do you see this? Empress Dowager, I felt it was suspicious too. But Prince Rong, what he said to the lady privately. How are we to know? Pillow talks can be just Hu’s delusional talk. You don’t have to be discreet. Just say it. Yes. I am thinking, since Lady Hu is so devoted she sought death, why was she so calm with Prince Rong was dying? And saying such long winded words clearly. And all targeting Yikun Palace Mistress only. I keep thining it doesn’t make sense. Especially when Lady Hu said, Prince Rong felt his legitimate mother was a shame to him. But when I went in with His Majesty, I heard Prince Rong, as he was dying, he begged in tears asking His Majesty to forgive Yikun Palace. Clearly their love as mother and son were not lost. Emperor. The Yongqi spoken by Hu. And the one we know isn’t quite the same. And I hear Hu clanswoman mentioned Ling Yunche. But clearly it was to attack your weakness. Emperor, when you try to cover up the truth, the truth gets exposed more. Be assured, Royal Mother. I will have someone look into it more. Good then. Emperor. Consort Yu is heading to Yuanming Garden. Do you plan to let Yongji go along? After Yongqi left, Consort Yu has been in despair and she’s not apt in caring for him. I will have Yongji live in Xiefang Hall. Come to me daily to read and learn to write. You treasure Yongji. Emperor. Yongqi is already gone. No matter how heart broken you are, you have to gather up energy. The princes are waiting for your nurture and teaching. Yes. I heard from the neighbors that year, when Lady Hu went into the prince manor, soon after Hu’s manor suffered a fire. And everyone died. No one asked about it. This matter, how can you look into it even? The whole family died but no one asked about it? That’s too strange. Old Madam, you have to eat this medicine. Greetings to Old Madam. You are? I am from the palace. My mistress is in trouble again. I came to report it to you. What trouble now? His Majesty discovered it was the mistress’s fault that caused Prince Rong’s death. So under anger, His Majesty already retrieved Mistress’s Empress scroll and treasure. His Majesty seems to bent on deposing her as empress. Can’t be. Ruyi, can’t. You’re sick, so you should try to recover first. Ruyi. My daughter. His Majesty. His Majesty, you can’t take back Ruyi’s scroll and treasure. You can’t Can’t. Old Madam. Old Madam! Mistress. Old Madam heard about Empress’s retracted scroll and she died immediately. She died? Great. Ula-Nara’s mother. She went to the underworld to wait for her daughter first. I went out to investigate the matter. Lady Hu’s maiden home and Prince Rong’s manor. Lady Hu’s family died in a fire. She had no money left to her. She seemed to have gotten threatened and bribed. Her family all died from fire? Yes, not one left. Quite tragic. No wonder Lady Hu tried so hard to be loved by Prince Rong. And let him go and carry out tabooed affairs in his illness. So Yongqi’s death still can’t escape a link to her. No wonder she killed herself to end all things. As for Yikun Palace Mistress. She never had any business with Lady Hu and no grudge. So I don’t know why Lady Hu made such ascertainment. Your Majesty, I just got some news. What is it? Yikun Palace’s mother died. Should we tell Yikun Palace? Have someone go tell her. Yes. Yikun Palace Your Highness. Old Madam left. You are grieving, so if you want to cry, cry. Imperial Noble Lady sent someone to report news to her. And let Old Lady know your scroll and treasure were taken back. Though Imperial Noble Lady has grasp of harem affairs, I feel this was targeted motive. Consort Yu, His Majesty is resting already. His Majesty said you should go and tidy up to prepare for Yuanming Palace. Your Highness. His Majesty already granted a generous burial for old madam. Old madam will go smoothly. ♫ Being your favorite and being forgotten both are argued in my heart, at a loss to arrive at an explanation. ♫ ♫ You bear witness to constant changes in my well-being, my sorrows and my joys, the path of my dreams forever cut off. ♫ ♫ You draw my hand to embroider all alone in my loneliness, silken clothes pile up under the moonlight. ♫ ♫ Telling myself they might be used for warmth, but who would dare? ♫ ♫ Whose life after life is filled with paired images of love and resentment? ♫ ♫ One side is beautiful, the other expressionless and silent. ♫ ♫ From a distance, visits come around without word of your approach, ♫ ♫ filling time between acts perhaps? ♫ ♫ Feelings fracture, forgive and wistfully anticipate, forgetting they’re part of the paired image, ♫ ♫ One day in cold indifference, the next in warm recollection. ♫ ♫ If only we might perpetually walk in the brilliant sunlight ♫ ♫ This lifetime has been so dismally overcast. ♫ ♫ From now on, this lifetime will be… ♫ ♫ without clouds. ♫