Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 65 Older Sister. Why are you here? I heard that you had some bleeding. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t sleep too. Thus, I came here to recite some Buddhist scriptures to calm myself. I will recite with you. Okay then. Her Highness has already suffered enough. I hope she could give birth to the child without any hitches. Pass the water to me. Imperial Physician Jiang is very accurate. Her Highness is indeed having a premature delivery. If you count the days, there are still two months left. Her baby is in the breech’s position. It will be a tough delivery. Maternal Grandmother Tian is still the most experienced here. She should be here to turn the position of the baby – so that it can be effective.
– Okay, let’s go. Li Yu, it’s not convenient for me to enter the delivery room. Check with mid wives. Why aren’t there any movements yet? Yes. Your Majesty, should I go and take a look? Consort Yu. Her Highness’s baby is extremely auspicious. If there are too many people, it may clash with the fortune. It is also easy to lose things when there are too many people. Stay here with me. Yes. Your Majesty, don’t worry. Her Highness has given birth twice. Nothing will happen this time. The delivery of the boy will definitely be without any hitches. The baby is just more than seven months. Your Majesty, I had already done the calculations. Her Highness was born on 21st November. It’s an auspicious day. Whether it’s a boy or girl, her child will be safe and sound. This goes without saying. Fine. If it’s a princess, I will confer her the title of Gurun Princess. If it’s a prince, I will name him Yongjing. From the meaning of jade being splendid.
– Jing? The splendor of jade. Princes use the character Yong. Princesses use Jing. Your Majesty is naming this showing Your Majesty’s value. When Empress became pregnant, the purple star shined brilliantly. The precious names that Your Majesty has chosen, they are extremely appropriate. ♫ Plight of mine dangerous or well, it is yet to be known. ♫ She. Whether she is to be alive, it is not easily determined. Mistress, have some tea and moisten your throat. – It’s already daybreak. Is there any news about Her Highness? She has been trying to deliver for the whole night and the baby is still not out yet. If anything happens to her, pass Imperial Physician Bao’s prescription to Midwife Tian. I know, but will that prescription be of any use? Grandmother Tian’s daughter’s illness is hereditary. When Bianque was alive, he didn’t manage to save her. Since this is useless, then, your prescription… It will only decrease her pain when her illness flares up. It will only let Maternal Grandmother Tian think that she could really save her daughter. But what if Maternal Grandmother Tian were to find out? Her Highness is having problems with her delivery. Does she think that she can still get away with it? Be patient, Your Highness. You have already drank a few bowls of the delivery inducing medicine. The baby is not at full term yet and he’s tiny. He should be coming out soon. Why aren’t there any movements yet? The baby is coming out. Why aren’t there any movements? Is the baby out yet? But…why isn’t there any sound of the baby crying? Your Majesty. Your Majesty, please forgive me. What’s wrong? Is there something wrong with the Empress? Your Majesty, Her Highness’ delivery wasn’t smooth. After tossing around for a long time, she gave birth to a son. Son? – That’s good.
– It’s indeed a boy. But when he was born, he stopped breathing. How could that be? Your Majesty, Her Highness is almost forty years old. Her body is not young anymore and suitable for birth. Even more so, her baby was in a breech position. Also, she had a premature birth. Hence… How is Her Highness then? Her Highness exhausted too much energy during labor and she’s fainted. I have already given her mountain ginseng soup. She will be fine after she has woken up. Your Majesty’s son… What’s going on? – I didn’t expect that…
– Didn’t you say that Thirteenth Prince is an auspicious child? What’s going on? Your Majesty, please don’t be angry. When I studied the stars, it was confirmed as a prince. As for the reason why, I really have no idea. Your Majesty, forgive me for being brave. I have something to say. There’s a folklore saying that when a woman gives birth and she loses her baby, the mother’s fate is too strong and it subdued the baby. You even dared to spout nonsense? You slandered the Empress! I wouldn’t dare, Your Majesty. I’m speaking the truth. It’s definitely a folklore saying. If the baby survives and the mother dies, the baby has subdued the mother. It’s also the other way around, Your Majesty. Despicable woman. It’s because you are incompetent. You still dare to spread rumors here? I will definitely not spare you. – Your Majesty.
– Consort Yu. What she said, it made sense too. Empress was born the year of the dog with yang stem, on the tenth of the second month, three after the hour of rooster. It was originally a good birth date And joined by the purple star, creating an auspicious child. But this, purple star could not descend to Empress’s fate. So it became a hinder of harm, an omen of failure. You…before the prince was born, you were full of extreme flattery saying auspicious nonstop. Now that he wasn’t born safely, you are now pushing the blame to Her Highness. Your Majesty, I’m begging you. This Nanny Tian. and also Astronomer Qin for the crime of spreading rumors. – Your Majesty, please spare my live.
– Your Majesty, please spare my life. I don’t dare to speak rumors. If the prince had been born alive, he would’ve had the most blessed life. But it was clearly the mother who subdued him and stopped from being being born alive. It was beyond my control too. Also, when Fifth Princess was born, she had a heart disease and died young too. Now it seems also related to the fate of the Empress. This is simply nonsense. You deserve to die. Your Majesty, you must not spare them. Thirteenth Prince, my son. My beloved son didn’t live for long. We could not complete our destiny as father and son. Name my 13th prince posthumously as Prince Daorui, to be buried by Crown Prince Duanhui. All those involved in assisting the birth. Your care led to her misfortunate labor. All will be cast out of the palace, never to be used again. Your Majesty. Astronomer Qin spread rumors and slandered the Empress. You are dismissed and banished from the palace! Consort Yu. The Empress had a difficult birth. Go and take care of her first. With regards to Thirteenth Prince, when she’s awake, take your time to tell her. I’m going to court now. Your Majesty, don’t you want to take a look at Thirteenth Prince? I dare not and I can’t bear to face my own child leaving this world too. Qianlong 20th year in reign. 13th Prince Yongjing dies. Posthumously titled Prince Daorui, buried next to Crown Prince Duanhui. Sir Ling, what are you still doing there? Let’s go now. Rongpei, keep watch over here. Older Sister has lost another child again. I wonder when she wakes up, whether she will be so grief-stricken that she can’t get over it. You are worried about Her Highness. You should watch your health too. Or else, who else can still be by her side? It’s snowing out there again. It’s so cold. Who can take it? Consort Yu, how is Her Highness? She’s still not awake. Why? Why could she keep her baby? Why couldn’t she keep it? Does Her Highness know? When she wakes up, what should we tell her? Where’s His Majesty? He has gone to court. He wanted me to stay with Older Sister. His Majesty is not here. This is not a good idea. – Older Sister.
– Your Highness. Where’s the baby? Bring him here. Hailan. Sister. 13th prince and you have a thin fate. He has left first. Hailan, why did you tell her now? Will she be able to take it? Older Sister, you will know it sooner or later. It was a tough labor. Your baby was in a breech position. Thirteenth Prince’s birth dragged for too long. Hence, we couldn’t protect the baby. Where’s the baby? Bring him to me. Your Highness. To prevent you from being sad, His Majesty has ordered him to be taken away. Please mourn for him. It’s also good for you not to see him. Your Highness. It because I saw you being heartbroken over Fifth Princess. It’s better not to see that kind of pain. The baby has already being taken away. Didn’t Astronomer Qin said that it was an auspicious baby? Why did he die when he was born? Astronomer Qin said that your baby was auspicious. He later said that you caused the death of your baby. What they said were basically… Your Highness. Consort Ying is too grief-stricken. – She’s spouting nonsense.
– Older Sister. Astronomer Qin was speaking nonsensical rumors. His Majesty has already dismissed him. Older Sister, don’t pay attention to this. His Majesty… even named Thirteenth Prince, Yongjing. Posthumously titled Prince Daorui. Buried by Crown Prince Duanhui. Where is His Majesty? He has gone to court. He said that he will visit you later. – Yong…
– Yongjing. Older Sister. Older Sister. Mistress know that you are unlucky. Here are some money. Use these when you leave the palace. My future is gone. What’s the use of such a small sum of money? Fine if you don’t want this. This is Mistress’ kind gesture. I will keep this then. Who says that I don’t want it? Count carefully how much it’s here. My Lady, this is medicinal soup for the nourishment of blood. Drink this now. Jiang Yubin. I was pregnant for seven months. You took my pulse daily. Wasn’t the baby doing well? You were stable when you were pregnant but during delivery, although I was there, but I could only wait outside and couldn’t approach you. I only heard the midwives saying that your baby was in a breech position. They helped you to push for the whole night before the little prince was born. Nanny Tian kept saying that your baby was in a breech position. She massaged your fetus for over a month but never got it to proper position. During delivery, she helped you to push for the whole night. You were in great pain till the baby stopped moving and he was born. Your Highness, I think that something’s fishy. With regards to helping to push the baby, no one knows it better than Nanny Tian. Report to His Majesty and tell him to investigate these four mid-wives. Especially Nanny Tian. Yes. Your Majesty. I left the funeral eulogy that I wrote for Yongjing on the table. Deliver this to Anhua Palace Hall to be burned. Yes. Regarding the request from Her Highness to investigate the midwives… It’s fine if she wants to investigate the midwives. It’s fine if her heart can be comforted. Yes. Your Majesty, there is something else. Astronomer Qin poisoned himself due to guilt. Is he dead? When we discovered it, his body was already cold. He deserved to die. Your Majesty, do you believe in Astronomer Qin’s words? If I didn’t believe him, I wouldn’t had placed such high hopes on the Empress’ baby. Especially, when he was highly accurate regarding Consort Shu. And before that, when Empress Xiaoxian died. his prediction was also accurate. In my opinion, one should listen to astronomical phenomenons with a pinch of salt. In the history of rulers, who didn’t value astronomical phenomenons? Your Majesty, you haven’t visited Her Highness. It can’t be that you believe what Astronomer Qin said about Thirteenth Prince being subdued? I don’t want to believe it but the Empress… Forget it. Let’s not talk about this. How’s the Empress doing? Is she better? It’s easy to nurse the body back to health but not the spirit and soul are not doing well. Tell her to take good care of herself. When I have the time, I will see her. Yes. Release us. Why did you arrest us? What did we do? Release us. Release us. We didn’t do anything. Release us. – It’s not related to us.
– That’s right. Nanny Tian. Say something. You are our leader. You must lead us. We have been arrested. What should we do? Nanny Tian. Release us. We have been falsely accused. Release us. Nanny Tian, have you thought it through? Are you going to confess or not? I know. I have already told you everything. But you didn’t tell the truth. The Imperial Physician said that Her Highness will have a premature delivery. But the birth should have been quick for a premature delivery. Even if the baby was in a breech position, the delivery couldn’t have been that difficult till that stage. So we suspected that someone intentionally dragged out Empress’s labor to cause a stillbirth, and caused the death of Thirteenth Prince? How would I know? Fine. If you still refused to confess, it will be useless to beat you. We can only invite your family here and punish them instead. We heard that you have a son living in the capital. Don’t touch my son. This is not up to you. – Men.
– I will confess. Since you have opened your mouth, spit out everything then. Your Highness. After your labor, your core energy was gravely harmed. Ever since Thirteenth Prince passed away, you haven’t been sleeping. You will ruin your health. I can’t sleep. When I close my eyes, I could still feel that Yongjing is still in my belly. Your Highness, don’t be like this. The Office of Careful Punishment is investigating this. There will be news soon. Your Highness, don’t be like this. His Majesty has sent some nutritional products again. Have some of it. It will be good for you. Just leave it there. His Majesty has been very busy lately. There are lots of matters in court. You must take care of your health. His Majesty keeps thinking of you. Come, take a sip. Have you confessed everything? Yes, I did. Fine. You really have guts. It is clearly a crime punishable by death but you did it. I did it to vent my resentment. I pushed Her Highness’ stomach to cause her baby to be in a breech position. But I didn’t think it would cause the Thirteenth Prince to die. I merely wanted to delay her delivery and let her be in pain for while longer. It was also due to her age and premature delivery. Her body is not suitable for birth. That’s why Thirteenth Prince was so weak. But just like what Astronomer Qin said, Her Highness’ fate is too strong. She was the one who subdued Thirteenth Prince. Stop spouting nonsense. Let me ask you. You harmed Her Highness. Was that really no one behind this? It was my personal grudge against Her Highness. No one directed me. You caused us to be guilty of the crime with you. You have harmed us. I will bear the responsibility alone for what I did. Ruyi. Your Majesty. I provided you with nutritional medicines. Why are you still so weak? How’s the case regarding Yongjing? Nanny Tian was very cruel. She killed herself because of her sin. Don’t bother yourself with this matter anymore. You must nurse yourself back to health. Why did she do that? Before she died, she said that you treated her harshly. Hence, she has always hated you. When you were in delivery, she remember this and wanted to drag the delivery to let you suffer. In the end, she caused the death of Yongjing. When did I ever treat her harshly? When Jingsi was born and Consort Su just passed away. And there was flooding. At the time, out of compassion, you halved the rewards to those involved in Jingsi’s delivery. At the time Tian was short on money. She harbored resentment upon getting her rewards halved. Thus, when Yongjing was being born, she took revenge for her resentment. Your Majesty, I don’t believe it. A midwife, just because of a small sum of money, caused the death of our son. There must be something else behind this. Tian deserved to die. but if we pursue this, it’s also not entirely unrelated to you. Yongjing was my long awaited auspicious son. In the end, because of the Emperor Star, could not compliment your fate, it became a harm. Your Majesty, are you saying… you think that according to what Astronomer Qin said, I subdued my child? Forget it. When Yongjing is being mentioned, I can’ take it. Let’s stop talking about this. Ruyi, let’s take our time to grieve before we see each other again. Take good care of yourself. Mother. Mother. Younger brother and younger sister are gone but Yongqi is still here. Mother. – There aren’t any problems, right?
– None. Eunuch Jinzhong keeps monitoring us. She didn’t even dare to say a single word. She just threw it all upon herself. We are using her daughter and son’s lives as hostages. Of course, she will be afraid. We have never dealt with Nanny Tian’s son but her daughter is still holding a few packs of Imperial Physician Bao’s prescription. When you leave the palace to visit your relatives, visit her daughter. I understand. They said that Her Highness subdued her daughter and son and caused their death. Her fate is too strong. The fortune tellers out there said that it’s the fate of the lonely star which first subdued her daughter and subsequently, her ruling husband. Isn’t that His Majesty? Oh my God. Would His Majesty still bother about the unlucky Empress? Who knows? Empress’s aunt, Empress of Jingren Palace was thrown into confinement until death by the late emperor too. No wonder His Majesty favors Consort Ling. Thirteenth Prince is dead. If Consort Ling were to give birth to a son, she will even receive more favors. I have been hearing the gossips out there. They are really too ugly. I can’t even bring it up. If I have given birth to Thirteenth Prince without any hitches, everyone would come here and flatter me. They would say I was someone blessed and virtuous. I lost my princess but earned a prince. But now I lost my son, so there will be those talking in the dark. They will say that I’m unlucky person who harmed my own children. When 6th princess was gone, those evil gossipers. they must have gossiped about me like this as well. Throwing stones at someone when they are down, this is what they have always been good at. I must His Majesty to cut off their tongues. Take good care of yourself first. Your clan just set a merit over the Dzungar matter. Don’t let your stubborness cause that to faint. But it’s clearly an unnecessary thing. Would there be less of such unnecessary things in the palace? A person’s suspicious heart is a sharper weapon which can harm someone. Older Sister. Just now, I told Rongpei to take Twelfth Prince to the Hall of Mental Cultivation to greet His Majesty. Even if His Majesty doesn’t want to see you, he will see his biological son. Perhaps, when His Majesty sees Twelfth Prince, he will think of you. Greetings, Your Majesty, Consort Ling. Well done. Twelfth Prince is so polite. Consort Ling, you are pregnant. Sit down now. Come, Yongqi. Come and sit next to me. Twelfth Prince keeps missing Your Majesty. He keeps wanting to send his greetings to you. I wasn’t unable to dissuade him. I brought him here when it stopped snowing. It’s so cold out there. Be careful that you don’t freeze yourself. Your mother only has a son like you. Your Majesty, take a look now at how tall Twelfth Prince has grown. He has indeed grew up and he’s rather tall. Your Majesty didn’t visit me and I miss you too. I miss my younger brother too. 12th prince is born a filial son. Quite extraordinary. Yongqi, if you miss me, come more often to Hall of Mental Cultivation to visit me. What if mother miss you too? Does she miss me and want to see me? Li Yu, it just stopped snowing out there and it’s frozen too. The road is slippery too. Tell Ling Yunche to escort Yongqi to Yikun Palace. Yes. Your Majesty, I want to go to the Royal Garden to pluck plum blossoms. Mother likes them. Okay then. Li Yu, escort him there carefully. – I’m taking my leave.
– Go now. Come, Twelfth Prince. I’m taking my leave. Twelfth Prince receives training from Her Highness. He could even say such mature words. It’s really rare. That child’s love for his parents cannot be an act. It’s a pity . Thirteenth Prince should have been together with Twelfth Prince. I’m looking forward to when my child is born. If he can catch up with Twelfth Prince and be half as adorable, I will be contented too. Mother likes plum blossoms the best. Every winter, His Majesty would tell someone to deliver plum blossoms to her. But he didn’t do it this year. His Majesty will remember in the future. Do you know why Mother likes which color of plum blossoms? Twelfth Prince, let me make a guess. I’m guessing that she likes green plum blossoms. If there are none, red is fine too. Right? You are very smart but I can’t reach the plum blossoms. Come, I will carry you to pluck the plum blossoms. Yes, that’s the one. Yes, pluck that. It’s so pretty. It’s raining plum blossoms. After Mistress Yu and Mistress Ying have left, you kept copying Buddhist scriptures non-stop. Have some tea and take a break. For the past few days, you have copied ninety nine volumes of Buddhist scriptures for Thirteenth Prince. If Thirteenth Prince in heaven were to know, he will definitely be comforted. Mother, I’m back. Greetings, Mother. Greetings, Your Highness. Rise. Mother, I personally plucked this plum blossom. Do you like it? Yes, I do. Why are your little hands are so cold? You should put on more clothes before you visit me. Okay. Then you have to display my plum blossoms. Okay. Go now. Twelfth Prince, I will take you to put on more clothes. Sit. I need to go back to serve His Majesty. I won’t be taking a seat today. Next time then. I’m taking my leave. Ling Yunche, remain here. I have something to say to you. – Yes.
– I’m leaving first. ♫ Being your favorite and being forgotten both are argued in my heart, at a loss to arrive at an explanation. ♫ ♫ You bear witness to constant changes in my well-being, my sorrows and my joys, the path of my dreams forever cut off ♫ You draw my hand to embroider all alone in my loneliness, silken clothes pile up under the moonlight. ♫ ♫ Telling myself they might be used for warmth, but who would dare? ♫ ♫ Whose life after life is filled with paired images of love and resentment? ♫ ♫ One side is beautiful, the other expressionless and silent. ♫ ♫ From a distance, visits come around without word of your approach, ♫ ♫ filling time between acts perhaps? ♫ ♫ Feelings fracture, forgive and wistfully anticipate, forgetting they’re part of the paired image, ♫ ♫ One day in cold indifference, the next in warm recollection. ♫ ♫ If only we might perpetually walk in the brilliant sunlight ♫ ♫ This lifetime has been so dismally overcast. ♫ ♫ From now on, this lifetime will be… ♫ ♫ without clouds. ♫