Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 62 [ Xiefang Palace Hall ] Slow down, Yongxuan. Don’t rush. Mother, it hurts. It hurts. Yongxuan, be braver. Don’t be afraid. Come here. Don’t be anxious, son. Step your leg here. Mother, I can’t move my legs. Imperial Physician Bao. Here. Eight Prince’s legs… Your Majesty, the Imperial hospital has already tried their best. Eight Prince will never be able to walk normally again. Mother, my legs. Am I going to be crippled? Your Majesty. Look at what Yongqi did to Yongxuan. Are you going to let him off that lightly? Noble Lady Jia. I already told you many times that Yongxuan’s falling off from the horse was an accident. It has nothing to do with Yongqi. I don’t care whether it’s an accident or not. I only know that Yongxuan’s legs will never recover again. He’s only nine years old. What will he do in the future? Yongxuan. Even though you have injured your legs but you will never be abandoned. You are still my son. Hold on. Your Majesty, Yongti is still young and Yongxuan has injured his legs. Yongcheng is even more pitiful. When they are of marriageable age, we won’t be able to chose any good partners for them. Your Majesty, please be kind. I’m begging you. Please choose a good wife for Yongcheng. In case I’m not around, he at least has a sister-in-law. can take care of Yongti and Yongxuan. Why are you making such a preposterous statement? Your Majesty, just promise me. Be done with it. Choose your own daughter-in-law. Tell me when you are done. If she’s a good woman, I will let him marry. Thank you, Your Majesty, for your kindness. Look at the condition of his legs. You keep coming here because of this matter. You are not allowed to bring your dog here. It stinks up the atmosphere. I understand. Eight Prince’s left leg is crippled. He won’t be able to walk straight again. It’s my fault. I haven’t been sleeping well for the past few days. His Majesty has already investigated. Yongxuan’s falling off from the horse is not related to you. No matter what, it’s my fault. I should have advised you to stay far away from the people at Qixiang Palace. I can’t bear to cause you and Your Highness to worry. Royal Mother and Mother both understand how you love your young brother. Now that this has happened, you must be feeling guilty and can’t take it. It’s just that, this was definitely an accident. Moreover, His Majesty didn’t blame you. You don’t need to feel bad about this. Yes. Eight Prince. – Mistress.
– What is it? The meal is ready. Please eat something. Lixin, did you find Gui Fu? I have already looked everywhere and couldn’t find it. Older Sister Lixin is still looking. Forget it. If it’s lost, it’s lost. They don’t even care about humans. Why could they care about a dog? Mistress, Shangyu Festival will be here soon. Her Highness and the Mistresses in the palace have prepared rewards. What should we prepare? Why are you bothering with this matter? Just find some textiles as rewards. Yes. We know that Consort Yu is good with her hands. We didn’t expect that Imperial Concubine Qing’s skills are not inferior too. No matter how good I’m with my hands, I can’t be compared to Her Highness. Thinking that Shangyu Festival is coming soon, I don’t have anything to express how I care about 12th prince and 5th princess. As the commoners say, pretty are the man and woman dressed in red and green. It so happened that Noble Lady Jia rewarded two blocks of textiles. I used them to tailor clothes for Twelfth Prince and Fifth Princess. Your tailoring was exquisite. We’ll have those two dressed in that when we go to Imperial Garden. It’s nicer when the children are dressed in bright colors. Twelfth Prince is handsome. He looks better in red. Rongpei, go and get some water. Yes. If Older Sister Consort Ling wasn’t that considerate, I would have never thought about fawning on Her Highness’ child. Her Highness is still the Empress. No matter how unhappy you are, you should still be respectful and live well. If you didn’t remind me that. Fortunately, Noble Lady Jia rewarded me with two block of textiles. I am just using some borrowed flowers to pay tribute to Buddha. You tailored new clothes for Her Highness’ child. She will definitely think well of you. Older Sister Consort Ling, you are the only one who sincerely attends to me in this palace. Come, look at the mirror. Come, does it look nice? It doesn’t look nice. Mother, I don’t want to wear green. I want the one in red. Mother, red color is for younger sister to wear. I like green. Fifth Princess, although Twelfth Prince is younger by a year, but the both of are are almost similar in height. Even if they exchange the clothes, they can still wear them. Look at these two imps. They are still young and they know how to choose their own clothes. Nursemaid, let them wear the colors that they like. Thank you, Mother. Come, try them. Do you like it now? Yes. This looks nice too. So good looking. Time really flies. In a blink of an eye, Fifth Princess is already three years old. Twelfth Prince is going to be four years old soon. That’s right. Children at this age are the naughtiest. You are still the best. The baby is your stomach is still very quiet. I’m going into my sixth month soon. Your Highness, look at my stomach. Isn’t it getting rounder? It’s indeed round. You must be pregnant with a princess. If it’s a princess, would His Majesty like it and not like me anymore? What are you worried about? I’m worried that it will hurt when I’m giving birth. I’m worried that when I giving birth to this child, it won’t be a smooth delivery. Stop thinking of such nonsense. You will definitely have a smooth delivery. Slowly. Come. The ball. Thank you for the kind words, Empress. I will give birth to this child without any hitches. When the child has grown up, the child will call me, Mother, and call you, Royal Mother. The child can still play with Fifth Princess and Twelfth Prince. Yes, let’s see how long your happiness will last. Let’s go, son. Give it to me. Come. Jingsi! Jingsi, what’s wrong? Get the Imperial Physician here now. Go and get the Imperial Physician now. Fifth Princess. – Mistress.
– Call for the Imperial Physician now. Get the royal physician. Strange. How did Fu Gui get out? – Let’s go.
– Move aside. Your Majesty. Hurry up. When they carried Jingsi here, her breathing was very weak. That dog jumped on her. Don’t be afraid. Jingsi has good luck in life. She will be fine. Your Majesty, Your Highness. – The crazy dog which shocked Fifth Princess, it was reared by Noble Lady Jia. Its name is Fu Gui.
– Where’s the dog? It’s body was discovered by the rock garden, with neck broken. Noble Lady Jia is kneeling outside to plead for forgiveness. She still dare to come? Your Highness. You, hussy! Your Majesty, please don’t be angry. Your Majesty. Your Majesty, I’m innocent. I am fully devoted to caring for Yongxuan. I don’t even know why Fugui’er ran out to bite 5th princess. I am innocent, Your Majesty. Innocent? And Jingsi in there isn’t innocent? Jingsi is so young but she got startled by that animal you keep. What beast are you keeping? What intention are you raising? Please look into it with prudence, Your Majesty. I only keep the dog for self protecting. There’s no intention to harm others. I want to go ask Empress what intentions she’s harboring instead. And you still dare to defame Empress? Your Majesty, everyone says Fugui’er makes Noble Consort Jia very happy. He listens to Noble Consort Jia completely. Your Majesty. Think about it in detail. If I wanted to harm Empress’s daughter, why wouldn’t I harm 5th prince? Or 12th prince? Why would I just go and harm a mere princess, Your Majesty? 5th prince was born with a heart disease and can’t bear to be startled. She was once started by the dogs in Qixiang Palace before. Noble Consort Jia, you are well aware of it. Your Majesty, I have met Fugui’er before. He is a bit fierce but not so much that he’d harm someone. I heard Fugui’er went straight at 5th princess. But 5th princess didn’t incite him. I thought about it in detail and I wonder if it’s linked to the red clothing wore by 5th princess. I smelled that clothing earlier and it has a scent. It seems to be the scent of Yu Clan’s rhododendron water used by Noble Consort Jia. Your Majesty, it seems so. We are all familiar with the fact that Noble Consort Jia uses that water. Then it is. Animals are easily riled by smell. I fear it’s the reason why it attacked Princess. What nonsense! Your Majesty, I remember this clothing was gifted by Concubine Qing. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. I didn’t mean to harm 5th princess, Your Majesty. The fabric was gifted to me by Noble Consort Jia. So the scent of floral water on the clothing, had nothing to do with me. Your Majesty, I did gift Concubine Qing fabric. But how would I know who she’d use the fabric on? And I have no idea why it has my scent. Though you didn’t know about the fabric. The dog is yours and you can’t escape suspicion. You are —
– Shut that mouth. No matter what, Jingsi was met with accident due to your dog. Take her to Qixiang Palace. No one is allowed in. You’re not allowed to meet any prince. Take her. Your Majesty. Your Majesty. Your Majesty, I am innocent. I don’t wish to see you again. Princess. Princess. Your Majesty, I am incompetent. 5th princess has died. [ Qianlong 20th year in reign. 5th Princess Jingsi dies. ] [ Posthumously titled Princess Guru Heyi. ] Your Majesty, Concubine Ying miscarried from the trauma. The child was not preserved. It was a princess. Go visit Concubine Ying. Don’t let her be too distressed. Yes. Greetings to Consort Yu. I will accompany His Majesty for a few words. Yes. Greetings to Your Majesty. How is Empress? Sister cried and fainted. She’s not awoken yet. I feel heart broken seeing her. Your Majesty. This is a sin committed by Noble Consort Jia. She harmed the two princesses. You must not forgive easily. You must not worry about the Yu clan again and give room to Noble Consort Jia. I won’t spare. I will take away Noble Consort Jia’s title as Noble Consort and demote her to Second Class Attendant. Her maids. Not one will be kept by her. They will all be sent out, not to serve her again. And I will see that she is whipped daily. Your Majesty, Concubine Qing is also linked to this. Concubine Qing is demoted to Noble Lady. And she will transcribe scriptures in Anhua Hall, not to leave until summoned. Let me go. Let me go out. I was framed. We had nothing to do with it. Let me go. What are you doing? Let me go. You scum. What are you doing? We are carrying out whipping on you by the order of His Majesty. Let me go. Scum. Let me go. Don’t you dare. You don’t dare. Your Highness. Drink some ginseng soup. Your Highness. You’ve stayed here days and nights in a row without eating or drinking. You will exhaust your body. Drink some. Sister. You’ve still got Yongji. Even just for Yongji’s sake, you should drink some. Why did it have to be Jingsi? She’s only three. If there’s something to be dealt with, it should’ve been me. Why my child? Jin Yuyan is cunning. She lacks the skills. She can’t touch you. So she came up with this low measure to take it on 5th princess. She’s gone mad. So how would you think or prevent it? For her own son, she went mad. But Empress has to pay the price? Empress’s daughter? 8th prince fell off the horse and 4th prince lost favor. Jin Yuyan thought it was all linked to Yongqi. If she truly held resentment, she should’ve came after me. It seems Noble Consort Jia hates our Empress. Just that 5th princess. She was too innocent. Since this Spring, everything’s been going smoothly for our Great Qing. Why are we sinking into the mire now? Without any progress. Your Majesty, our spearheading army arrived in Dzungar. But Dawachi continues to be in delusion and resistant. Since Great Qing pressed towards Dzungar’s camp, the generals have been worried about High Princess Duanshu’s safety. So they are hesitant somewhat. High Princess’s safety must be asserted. But we can’t allow Dawachi to continue this unruly behavior. Commander Liu. – I understand.
– Leave now. We are taking our leave. We’re already in May now, right? 5th princess and 6th princess have been gone for nearly a month. Empress Dowager, the white hibiscus in the imperial garden have bloomed. Would you like to take a stroll out? Why bother going out? Since the year’s started, the palace has not had one lucky event. Everywhere I go, there’s lamenting and sobs. I can’t bear it either. Empress Dowager, you pray for the 5th and 6th princesses that have passed away. It’s your kindness. The war hasn’t ended and discontent has risen again. I don’t know what His Majesty is thinking. I can take the whipping. But I am innocent. I didn’t harm the princess. I am innocent. Today is Jingsi’s 57th. How’s the arrangement at Anhua Hall? Everything’s been arranged. Consort Yu is helping with managing it and Noble Consort Chun is also heart broken. Your Majesty, did you want to go take a look? Your Majesty, Dzungar’s 800 mile urgent war report. Your Majesty, about 5th princess — State affair takes precedence. His Majesty received the war report and has been busy with it. He rushed through dinner as well. His Majesty is busy with state governing. I will burn an incense for him to console Jingsi. I make a plea with His Majesty. To allow Eunuch Li and I to escort 5th princess. Thank you. Sister. The plant ash to lure 5th princess’s soul to the path is prepared. Yongqi is holding a lantern and waiting outside. It’s not early anymore. We should go and summon 5th princess’s soul back. Your Majesty. Greetings to Your Majesty. Why are you here? I was worried about your health. You go back first. I am busy with state affairs. Your Majesty, today is 5h princess’s 57th day memorial. I was worried you were upset over losing your daughter so I came especially to Yangxin Hall to accompany you. I don’t need it. I take my leave. Please go carefully. Attendant Jin killed 5th and 6th princesses. His Majesty still hasn’t put her to death. The Yu clan sends grains to our troops. And they assist us in fighting Dzungar. They are quite the help. His Majesty must care about Jin’s maiden clan and her three sons. Attendant Jin’s sons. One has been given the cold shoulder by His Majesty. The other has a bum leg from the fall. How tragic. But she’s still an attendant. And gets 10 whips a day. If she just died and ended everything, that won’t appease my resentment. That day Lancui and I were chatting. She said she ran into Zhao Jiuxiao who guards Kunning Palace. Zhao Jiuxiao? He’s smitten by Lancui. Mistress, don’t listen to her nonsense. Lancui, Zhao Jiuxiao, what all did he say to you? That day, Zhao Jiuxiao and Sir Ling were drinking. Sir Ling somehow brought up that 8th prince’s fall from the horse was suspicious. And he also said something about a silver pin. I asked more. But Guard Zhao suddenly didn’t know anything. But Jin Zhong said when Ling Yunche answered to His Majesty, he didn’t mention any silver pins. Wang Chen is thorough?
– Be assured. Wang Chen is completely thorough. Or Sir Ling has values relations and loyalty. So even though he found out something he won’t say it. Plus many things have no trail to seek. Even though he won’t say it, he still cares about me. I heard Sir Ling is busy working at the palace, and he doesn’t even have any time to go to his house outside the palace. That husband and wife don’t seem to get along well. I fear it’s because Sir Ling is still holding you in his heart. Everyone’s troubled tonight. I thank you on Jingsi’s behalf. I am fortunate. To escort 5th princess on her last path. May you be consoled. Everyone’s thoughtful. Your Highness, the memorial ceremony is finished. I must go report to His Majesty. Everyone go rest too. Let’s go. Sir Ling. The 57th memorial ceremony is done. We don’t need the white flowers anymore. You can give them to me and I will take them for Empress. Yes. Chunchan, did you see it? Did you see Ling Yunche pick up the flower dropped by Empress? He wanted to keep it himself. He didn’t want to return it to her. Just a little flower and he cares about it so much. He was so reluctant. Mistress, you are overthinking it. No. Only because he likes her. Only because he cares about her. That he can have that gaze. How can he betray me, and care about someone else? And my enemy at that! He wouldn’t. Didn’t Sir Ling hide the crime for you? He didn’t do it for me. He didn’t even suspect we did it. That day, 5th prince was right by 8th prince. 5th prince is Empress’s foster son. So he did it for her, to hide the evidence. He didn’t do it for me at all. Greetings to Your Majesty. Get on up. When did you come? I just came from Yangxin Palace. Ruyi. I didn’t make it to Jingsi’s memorial service. Today is Jingsi’s meomrial and 6th princess’s 57th. And Concubine Ying’s birthday. Did yo go see Concubine Ying? I want to talk to you. Alright. We take our leave. Come, Ruyi. Ruyi, I didn’t get to escort Jingsi. You wouldn’t blame me, right? How would I? I know you’re busy with state affairs. State affairs are busy indeed. But more importantly, I don’t dare to face it. Ruyi. I always yearn for Jingsi. And I ache unbearably. Your Majesty. I already burned an incense for you for her. Jingsi’s soul on heaven will understand. I’m the father. How useless am I? I knew Jingsi suffered an ill health. So I had the interior bureau make this gold lock for me. I wanted her to have a long and safe life. But this lock just arrived. And Jingsi was gone. I was a step too late. I’m useless. Your Majesty! What is it? Your Majesty, urgent report. Great. Great. Barin’s army and our army attacked from both sides together. And with Yu clan provided the grain, Dawachi ran out of grain and no way to get the army out. His subjects all left, scattering everywhere. Yes. Our army attacked their camp. And Dawachi was unprepared. And trampled on himself instead. Their army collapsed immediately. Dawachi dispatched his guard army to flee. And he was captured by our army at dawn. Where’s High Princess Duanshu? Is she well? High Princes Duanshu was kept hostage by Dawachi. But she’s well. Our army is preparing to return her here. Without any harm. Good. So I can be honorable to Royal Mother. Send my word. Have Dawachi’s family brought to the capital. Without any slight in treatment. Especially the high princess. Be very cautious. Do not allow any trouble. But Dawachi, has he really treated High Princess well? High Princess Duanshu. She’s pregnant. Dawachi, hence, has been caring. Dzungar did not have peace for years. I gave Dawachi the favor and he was an ingrate. I really wish to kill him. But regrettably, this happened to High Princess. Forget it. I must promote Dawachi to a duke now. To allow him to live in the capital and have children. Never to return to the north. Yes. I will also, on the account of suppressing Dzungar, add to Empress Dowager’s emblem. And celebrate. I follow your order. Upon Dawachi’s arrival to the capital, he will be treated the captivity ceremony. As long as Dawachi is willing to repent and submit after he’s applied the captivity ceremony, I shall treat him with mercy all his life. Your Majesty is sage. Empress Dowager. How is it? How’s Hengchuo. High Princess is well. All safe. His Majesty is treating Dawachi and his relatives with kindness. And he’s had the rites bureau add to an emblem to you, with the two characters Yu (oppulent) Shuo (life). His Majesty is kind and filial. His Majesty, if he were truly kind and filial, he should have Hengchuo and that scum Dawachi separate amiably. They can’t anymore. High Princess is pregnant. Already 5th month. What? Empress Dowager, no matter what, High Princess can live peacefully in the capital, reunited with you. How can this be? Retributions. Retributions. Empress Dowager. Retributions. Empress Dowager. [ Cining Palace ] [ Cining Palace ] [ Cining Palace ] High Princess Duanshu, Hengchuo. Greetings to Mother. Hurry and get up. Daughter. We’ve been parted for twenty years. We finally get to meet. Daughter. Mother. Don’t leave. Don’t leave. I went to see Dawachi’s manor for Aunt Duanshu. He’s settled well. Our scout also reported. That he’s having ups and downs but relaxing the days. Dawachi is not accustomed to the ways of the capital. Every day he goes to the great pond and catches geese and ducks. He’s been hunting geese and ducks as hobby. He’s been indulging in feasting as well, eating all the time. Royal Mother told me yesterday that Dawachi is dirtying up his house. That his liquor smell reeks. She asked me to let Hengchuo be allowed to reside at Cining Palace. I’ve approved. Royal Father is devoted and understanding of Royal Grandmother. To my little sister, I am full of guilt. I hear Aunt Duanshu has already came into the palace. Would you like to go see her? Stop the sedan. We have not seen each other for years. No need for grand gesture. No, before we are siblings, we are king and subject. Hengchuo dares not to be improper. ♫ Being your favorite and being forgotten both are argued in my heart, at a loss to arrive at an explanation. ♫ ♫ You bear witness to constant changes in my well-being, my sorrows and my joys, the path of my dreams forever cut off. ♫ ♫ You draw my hand to embroider all alone in my loneliness, silken clothes pile up under the moonlight. ♫ ♫ Telling myself they might be used for warmth, but who would dare? ♫ ♫ Whose life after life is filled with paired images of love and resentment? ♫ ♫ One side is beautiful, the other expressionless and silent. ♫ ♫ From a distance, visits come around without word of your approach, ♫ ♫ filling time between acts perhaps? ♫ ♫ Feelings fracture, forgive and wistfully anticipate, forgetting they’re part of the paired image, ♫ ♫ One day in cold indifference, the next in warm recollection. ♫ ♫ If only we might perpetually walk in the brilliant sunlight ♫ ♫ This lifetime has been so dismally overcast. ♫ ♫ From now on, this lifetime will be… ♫ ♫ without clouds. ♫