♫ The sounds from the sheng and xiao die away in the distance, in the sparse, declining light ♫
(T/N reed instrument made of vertical pipes; end-blown flute) ♫ Memories of my past, my companions in youth. ♫ ♫ Over boundless years, old affairs have become difficult to recall. ♫ ♫ I’ve used a lifetime of truth to put up a pretense. ♫ ♫ Parting without opening these cupped hands full of tears. ♫ ♫ Clears my vision and permits me to resist ♫ ♫ Perhaps when targeted by love it is not wise to separate ♫ ♫ The morning wind can not dispel the aftermath. ♫ ♫ Whose hidden tears made the blooming flowers blush, ♫ ♫ And in the desolate and dreary torrential storms to painfully droop low, ♫ ♫ Unwilling to blossom again alone? ♫ ♫ The coming day belongs to the young. ♫ ♫ As the glimmer of dawn becomes again the setting sun. ♫ ♫ Who is this person who does not sleep soundly in the middle of the night? ♫ ♫Sitting and watching the autumn wind puff out and penetrate the palace curtains. ♫ ♫One strand held in remembrance, shackling sentiment and concern. ♫ ♫ Always submerged in the fragrant incense of fleeting time ♫ Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 15 Consort Xian, you speak so lightly. What if one day you and I are lucky to be pregnant? And we get affected by Noble Lady Mei and we can’t give birth smoothly? Then you will go and commit suicide like her? Enough. Stop talking nonsense. Yes. Noble Consort, I know you have Great Qing’s flourishing in mind. But what you said does seem to lack some proper measure. I know my error. Your Majesty, then your plan — Empress, you look after Noble Lady Yi’s pregnancy too. And about Noble Lady Mei, have her go to Anhua Hall. Being closer to the Buddhist chanting will soothe her mindset. Your Majesty, but Noble Lady Mei’s — Noble Lady Mei’s child is already gone. Now I want to know who is so bold and daring as to spread rumors and delude the minds. I will never forgive them. Noble Consort, go back. I take my leave. That day, besides myself, only the Empress, Consort Xian, Qi Ru and Wang Qin saw the child. Yes. All others who saw the baby were sent out that night. They wouldn’t have had time to say anything in the palace before. Empress, could it be Wang Qin? While he was taking out the child, someone saw him? Wang Qin has served Your Majesty for years and he shouldn’t make that mistake. Afterwards he even came to report to me. So he carefully sent away Noble Lady Mei’s child and the arrangements were properly done. I understand then. Sending off Your Majesty. What’s got you so fixated? Greetings to Noble Lady Jia. Noble Lady Yi is pregnant and Jingyang Palace is sure lively. Yes. Noble Lady Yi used to be just a palace maid who served the Empress. Noble Lady Mei is even just a pipa entertainer from the South Office. But they were favored, and became so bright. How many are so jealous? Actually they are all just servants. A’Rou, you are prettier than Noble Lady Yi and your father’s successful too, so maybe one day you will be lucky also. Noble Lady Yi has a great past mistress as Her Highness the Empress. I won’t have such luck. It’s true. Consort Xian won’t allow you to climb up. I bet she’s very guarding against you. Look how you are, so youthful and pretty. Who wouldn’t like it if you dressed up? His Majesty is so handsome and affectionate too. So many are so eager to serve him. Not everyone has the chance, that’s all. Where’s A’Rou? Your fox cloak is old. A’Rou said she will go and pick up a new one at the leather shop. She’s been gone a long time, so it’s probably taking a while. Mistress, you seem upset. The palace rumors are boiling overwelmingly. The palace was never absent of rumors, so why worry about it? Suoxin, if the rumor that His Majesty minds the most comes from among myself, the Empress, Wang Qin and Qi Ru, the four of us, what do you think His Majesty will think? His Majesty wouldn’t suspect you. Really? His Majesty is already investigating it. Hope it will be cleared soon. Eunuch Wang. Greetings to Your Highness the Noble Consort. His Majesty’s order for you to carry out. How’s that going? Replying to you, I am following it closely. If you don’t disappoint His Majesty, it means you won’t disappoint me either. Yes. – Go now.
– Yes. Qi Ru, you’ve worked for me for a long time. I’ve served Your Majesty for over ten years. What I love the most about you is that you hold your tongue. But now with rumors rampant all over the palace… Your Majesty, if the rumors came out of my mouth, I am willing to take on all punishments deserved for the crime of deceiving Your Majesty. That’s good then. I just wanted to verify. These days, don’t go around the palace. Stay at your own manor. I shall remember. Noble Lady Mei’s fetus was due to her own lack of luck. Noble Lady Yi, you’ve got His Majesty’s protection and Her Highness the Empress’s care, so what’s there to worry? What’s most important is your royal heir in your womb. The rumors around the palace shouldn’t bother you. Yes. You live in this Jingyang Palace, and you have the meaning of the palace name being bright and beautiful. Also, the second character of the palace name signifies “yang”, a great sign. (T/N the male aspect of yin and yang) So I think you’re likely pregnant with a prince. If you could truly bear a prince, His Majesty would be so delighted. Noble Lady Yi, you came from Empress’s side too. Now, you are bringing praise to Her Highness the Empress too. Everyone says when you’re pregnant you’re scared of the cold, Noble Lady Yi, you’ll have to make sure to burn more charcoal pots. You’re detailed-minded, Noble Lady Jia. I am indeed scared of the cold. Sister Chun, you always say eating fish and shrimp will make the fetus strong. Why don’t you mention that here with Noble Lady Yi? You’re so biased. It’s only a few months into it and look how rushed you are. His Majesty’s not even rushing. How can I not rush? I wish I could burn a few extra charcoal pots and eat a few more pounds of fish and shrimp. Noble Lady Yi’s pregnancy is surely carried out so carefully. She won’t go out of the room and she won’t even get a breeze on her. – With Noble Lady Mei as precedent and her being easily frightened, of course she is.
– Let’s go! – Go on.
– Eunuch.. – Eunuch.
– We didn’t say anything! – What’s happening?
– Hurry up! – Wang Qin is following royal command…
– Let’s go! to investigate which palace person spread the rumor. Buddha. I beg you to open your eyes. Who tried to harm me and my child? All my prosperity and aspirations, they all left with that pitiful child of mine. Respectful greetings to the Empress Dowager. I couldn’t come greet you from afar, I am without decorum. If you were still in Yonghe Palace, it would be inconvenient to see you. His Majesty’s intention was right. You’re so sad with so much despair. It’s good for you to be here to listen to the sounds of Buddha. Empress Dowager. All the people in the palace, they are saying I gave birth to a monster. How could I bear a child of this type? Someone’s framing me! That day, I didn’t get to see that child either. Whether it is as the gossips say, I haven’t any way to verify it. However, Noble Lady Mei, the child is already gone. His Majesty doesn’t want to mention it again. So why do you torment yourself with the tears? If you continue this stubborn behavior, I fear you are not far from death. – Empress Dowager.
– I’ve already heard that Noble Consort Hui suggested to His Majesty to allow you to commit suicide, to go and accompany that child. This time, His Majesty didn’t listen nor did he agree to it. But next time, if the gossip winds are roaring harder, and His Majesty hears of them, it’s hard to know then. You may not need to toil to find a way to hang yourself. His Majesty might just give you the nod. Empress Dowager, I didn’t mean to kill myself on purpose. It’s just that His Majesty never came to see me. And I had no choice but to use that measure. The palace maids, I arranged them. I don’t want to die. Empress Dowager. Rise. The day that I scooped you out from South Office, I discovered you are a mindful girl. But if you die so easily like this, that’s putting to naught my nourishing of you. Empress Dowager, I was stupid. Please point me to the right path. There are many solutions in the house of Buddha. You are the only one who can lead yourself out from the maze. I know that you are heartbroken about the loss of your baby but you must remember. As long as you are alive, you will have another opportunity to be favored and give birth again. But how you walk out of this Anhua Hall and how you live up to my trust in you, it will have to depend on you. I will respectfully follow the Empress Dowager’s teachings. But I still don’t understand. Though you did not hold the fetus well, you weren’t so bad that you would give birth to the child they are gossiping about. Mother, lately on the street. they keep taking a servant away. I have seen it several times. Yonghuang, concentrate on your studies. This doesn’t concern you. Alright. Greetings, Consort Xian and First Prince. His Majesty would like you to go to the Hall of Mental Cultivation immediately. You can’t bring anyone along with you. Mother. Wait for me to come back. Wang Qin recounted something to His Majesty. I don’t know what’s going on. I only know that Her Highness the Empress is there too. Let’s go now. Your Majesty, Your Highness. Consort Xian is here. Greetings to Your Majesty and Your Highness the Empress. Rise. Take a seat. Yes. – Wang Qin.
– Here. Repeat what you just said to me and the Empress. Yes. Upon the orders of His Majesty, I investigated the rumor at the six palaces. Everyone said that the origin of the rumor was from Yanxi Palace. Yanxi Palace? Your Majesty is insightful. When we met at Yonghe Palace that night, I didn’t tell anyone about it. Your Majesty, I brought the persons who spread the rumor. Your Majesty, please investigate this. Bring them in. Yes. Greetings to Your Majesty. Greetings Your Highness the Empress and Your Highness Consort Xian. Let me ask you. Where did you hear about dirty rumors about Noble Lady Mei from? I first heard this while passing Yanxi Palace. First heard about this? When was it? It was the night when Noble Lady Mei gave birth. That is to say, when His Majesty, I and Consort Xian left later, – there was already a rumor in the palace?
– Yes. Who did you hear this from in Yanxi Palace? What did that person say? I’m not very familiar with Yanxi Palace. It was very dark and I couldn’t see who said that, but I’m very sure that I heard it from Yanxi Palace. What you said is not clear and groundless. Your Majesty, I definitely didn’t talk to anyone. This is very strange. Everyone said that it was from Yanxi Palace but Her Highness Consort Xian says that the leak wasn’t from there. You are attacking me. There is an evil intention. Wang Qin. Your Majesty, don’t be angry. Your health is more important. I also think that Consort Xian didn’t deliberately do it. I also think that it wasn’t Consort Xian. It was just a rumor. I must investigate this. Since this will be investigated, it won’t be appropriate for Consort Xian to walk around. Why don’t we bar her from stepping out from Yanxi Palace for the time being? Once we have investigated this, we will return her innocence to her. Investigate this. Consort Xian must not be confined. Your Majesty. Her Highness the Empress is saying that I was framed for the rumor and I should steer clear. Consort Xian. Your Majesty, I will confine myself and stay away from this. Moreover, I believe Your Majesty will prove that I’m innocent. Li Yu, escort Consort Xian back first. Yes. I’m taking my leave. [ Gate of Mental Cultivation ] [ Honest ] The winter is cold. It’s also good that you can avoid the wind and frost if you stay in Yanxi Palace. As for what’s happening out here, you still have me. Wang Qin has made a lot of effort regarding this rumor so I won’t be able to look after the newly-married Lianxin. There is something odd about this. Go and check with Lianxin now. See if you can hear anything from her. I understand. I will walk back. Greetings to Noble Consort Hui. Consort Xian is — His Majesty is inside. Please, this way, Noble Consort. Sister. Sister. What’s really happening? Why is the palace gate getting shut? Don’t worry. It’s I who personally wanted to be confined at Yanxi Palace. These days, you will need to look after Yonghuang more so he’s not worried. But the days were just getting better. Why this instability again? Sometimes not going out isn’t actually a bad thing. Your Highness, Consort Xian really volunteered to be confined? His Majesty believes her? His Majesty is hard to predict, and definitely not easily trusting. What happened that day, Qi Ru is the most senior. Wang Qin is too eager to flatter His Majesty. So those two wouldn’t talk recklessly. I fear His Majesty is suspicious of both Consort Xian and I. But Consort Xian is raising the eldest prince. For the eldest heir’s sake, His Majesty, would he be biased towards Consort Xian? Of course. Your Highness. Consort Xian is lacking in merit. How about letting me raise the eldest prince to avoid him getting trained badly by Consort Xian? You want to raise First Prince too? I have always been loyal to Her Highness the Empress. Even if I am raising the eldest son, I wouldn’t act like Consort Xian does, and steal favors over it. His Majesty is anxious over the Consort Xian matter. Don’t go and plead this case. I thought if Consort Xian is without First Prince, then it’s less attention on her and it’s a good thing for Your Highness. I understand you’re in a rush. But don’t let the rush cause your acts to be out of bounds. Empress, you must be tired. I and Noble Consort Hui have an appointment to go see Noble Lady Yi at Jingyang Palace. So we will take our leave first. Yes, yes. We agreed to go to Jingyang Palace to visit Noble Lady Yi to chat around. I will dispatch Lianxin to send tonics to Jingyang Palace. Now the highest priority in the palace is this fetus of Noble Lady Yi. If you’re not busy, you all go and visit Noble Lady Yi. That’s how you can help the Emperor and I take on worries. Yes. You’re the boss of me now? I wasn’t even done talking and you dragged me to leave. Who said I’d go see Noble Lady Yi with you? Your Highness Noble Consort Hui, you’ve misunderstood. How would I dare? I just saw that Her Highness the Empress was looking annoyed, so I purposely found an excuse to bring Your Highness out. The Empress is annoyed? That’s because Consort Xian’s spreading rumors around, shaming the imperial family. Yes, Consort Xian, carrying out such a shameful deed to the clan is really quite unsightly. But it’s just that Empress and Emperor are worried about the rumors and Consort Xian, for one thing. For another, they worry about the fetus of Noble Lady Yi. They can’t mange to worry about other things now. If Noble Consort brings up about raising First Prince now, I think it’s not timely. How is it not timely? I will go and bring the First Prince out from Consort Xian’s now on behalf of the Empress, to lessen her concerns. From now on, don’t meddle in my affairs! Your Majesty, this is red ginseng tea from my mother clan. Drink this to dissipate your worries. Your Majesty. – Come in.
– Yes. Greetings to Your Majesty. There’s news from the Office of Careful Punishment. The servants all agree and point to Yanxi Palace. I am fatigued. I want to rest. Let’s talk about this in a few days, and you continue the research. Yes. [ Yanxi Gate ] Mistress, let’s return to our palace. What’s the rush? Mistress, we come to Yanxi Palace daily. Is it too noticeable? I want to come and get some sun and air after eating. Whose eyesore am I? Yes. I see Consort Xian locked up with worries, and I feel happy. It’s best she never comes out. First Prince will become my child sooner or later. First Prince should be coming back from school now, right? Yes, should be soon. First Prince is here. May Your Highness Noble Consort Hui be in good health. You’re done with school, First Prince? You must be tired from studying all day. Your face is so frozen. Warm up. Thank you, Your Highness. I am not cold. I made the cake you love at Xianfu Palace. Let’s go. Let’s go and try it with me. Thank you, Your Highness, but I need to return to Yanxi Palace. Consort Xian won’t be coming out. Why bother going there? Later, I will take you to go see His Majesty. You tell His Majesty from now on, you want be with me, alright? Noble Consort Hui, don’t rush. If Royal Father has the will for it, he will tell me so. There’s no reason for me to go and ask about it. Consort Xian spoke nonsense and shamed His Majesty. What use is it for you to follow her? You follow me and I will be good to you. Thank you for your kindness. As for whether my mother has committed a crime, my Royal Father will see to it. I dare not to be without devotion and deem my mother to have erred. You are such a unwitting child! It’s my fault for angering Your Highness. I take my leave. Mother, I’m here to greet you. Come here. What’s wrong? You seem down and upset. After school today I met Noble Consort Hui outside Yanxi Palace. She told me you won’t be going out anymore. So she told me to follow her, but I won’t do that. But I feel a bit scared. Come. Yonghuang need not be scared. Yonghuang just needs to study well and not listen to what others say. Yes. Any new poetry you’ve learned recently? Recite it to me. “Poverty and eminence are fated, why bother to sigh.” Carry out good deeds and ask not of the future. Winter leaves, and ice must dissolve. Spring comes, and grass grows on its own. May you spectate this logic. Heaven is very clear.” Wait. Sister Lianxin. Where are you headed? Her Highness the Empress sent me to deliver fetal tonic to Noble Lady Yi. I just came out of Jingyang Palace. Where are you going? I am investigating for His Majesty lately and I haven’t had time to pay attention to you. Today I’m not on at work. Don’t forget to wait for me. It’s broad daylight. What do you want to do? Plus, what investigation of rumors by you. You? I am doing it for His Majesty. Even if it’s Consort Xian doing this, I can still knock her down. You are just a servant by His Majesty’s side. His Majesty feels tenderness toward Consort Xian, how can you knock her down? Don’t bluff. I will tell you. A servant can’t just have one master. The Empress and Mistress Hui are both fond of me. Go and busy yourself then. Don’t forget to wait up for me. Lianxin. Oh, you’re back, husband! Wow, is the sun rising in the west today? You worked hard today at work, so have some tea. Why does this look like we’re having new year’s? Even the wine is ready. We need to keep living out the days anyway, since you’re sincere with me and I’m not some iron-heart. (T/N hardhearted, no feelings) My beauty, you’ve thought it through! Don’t rush. Don’t rush. Look, here. Look, if you’re anxious, you’ll ruin my good intentions. I made so many dishes and wine for you, and your medicine is here too. Yes, this medicine. Right! Take two today! One is not enough! Husband, you have worked hard. Have some wine and food. No, I won’t eat. Come to the room with me. Husband, let’s play a new game today. Sure. Something new, I like. Let’s play “hidden kitten”. “Hidden kitten”? What’s that? You stay here and I will go hide. If I don’t yell, don’t come out. If you find me, then I am at your complete mercy. At my mercy? Great. That’s a deal! Husband, you have to listen to me. If I don’t make a sound, you don’t come out. Alright. Where did you go? You’ve really gone into hiding? Where are you? Husband, someone came outside just now. Her Highness asks me to come to the palace to run an errand, and I will be right back. No, no. If you can’t stand to wait for me, then come with me. Don’t. I can’t stand it. Lianxin, wait for me. Don’t go! Hailan, look at this. How is it? Sister, your flowers already blossomed. Spring is already here. You’re going to be confined until when? Don’t rush. When it’s time for me to go out, I will naturally go out. Why do you look like the Noble Consort? I am the Noble Consort. You will do everything as I say. I will listen to you. I will do as you say about Consort Xian, whatever you want! Then I will be good to you. Good to me? Hey, Eunuch Wang? Wang Qin, are you crazy! Wang Qin! What’s that noise? Mistress, I think that’s Noble Consort’s voice outside. Noble Consort? Let’s go out and take a look. Shuangxi, take him out! Your Highness Consort Xian, you can’t step out from the gate of Yanxi Palace. I will stand here and watch. I won’t step out. Mistress. Don’t move. Kneel down. Are you seeking death? Let’s go. Wang Qin, that dog of a slave! He’s really too bold! He even dared to offend me! Please cool down. He pulled on me when he’s here! – Is he drunk?
– Yes. Drag him to face His Majesty later and see what he has to say! Greetings to Your Highness the Noble Consort. It’s you. Why did you come out? I didn’t intend to eavesdrop. I didn’t know you were here. Noble Consort, are you okay? Whether I’m fine or not, I don’t need your concern. The incident occurred in front of Yanxi Palace. I came out to take a look. Otherwise, if it doesn’t matter, why would I be bothered? Fine. You are mocking me! I was even wondering, “why did Wang Qin suddenly show up in front of Yanxi Palace and offend me?” Did someone direct him to do this? Mistress! Mistress, Mistress! I have called His Majesty to come. His Majesty is here. Put down the sedan. Your Majesty! Your Majesty! Ever since I have been serving Your Majesty, I have never suffered such a great humiliation! If Your Majesty won’t make any decision for me, I don’t want to live anymore! Li Yu, help her to get up. Yes. Stop it. There are many people here. Why are you crying so miserably? Men, bring Wang Qin here. Let me go. Let me go! Your Majesty. Come here and talk. Did Wang Qin shock you? I’m fine. Thank you for Your Majesty’s concern. Your Majesty, this happened too suddenly. I think Wang Qin is still talking nonsense now. To avoid publicizing this, Your Majesty and the Noble Consort, please come into Yanxi Palace and slowly interrogate him. Alright. I will use your Yanxi Palace. – Sanbao.
– Here. Use cold water to make Wang Qin come to his senses. Bring him to see me after that and get the Imperial Physician here later to check if he has any illness. The rest of you can leave. Yes. Go and prepare tea. Yes. Take a seat. Noble Consort. When you saw me, you said that you have been greatly humiliated. Speak. – I’m looking for my Lianxin.
– Old Fogey, you are becoming more clueless. Your Majesty. When I passed Yanxi Palace, I thought of Consort Xian who was being confined. I couldn’t help myself and wanted to take a look. When I had just arrived at Yanxi Palace, who knew that Eunuch Wang would come out from Zhaohua Gate. He pounced on me without any reason and talked badly. Your Majesty, Wang Qin is crazy. When he saw me, he started tearing my clothes. Your Majesty, take a look. Look at my sleeves. He has already torn it. Isn’t Wang Qin on duty today? Why did he come to Zhaohua Gate? To answer Consort Xian, Eunuch Wang is not on duty tonight. Hence, he went back early to rest. – Damn.
– Bring him in. I will destroy your families! Your Majesty, Your Highness the Noble Consort, Mistress. I brought Wang Qin here. – Your Majesty.
– What is this! Release me now. – Your Majesty. Wang Qin has always treated the Noble Consort courteously.
– Let me go! – Could there be a misunderstanding?
– Release me. Look at his condition. – It seems like he’s having a hangover.
– Release me! Your Majesty, I just smelled his body. It doesn’t seem like the scent of wine. But there is a kind of different…sweet scent? Your Majesty, why are you here? What’s wrong with you, Wang Qin? Sanbao, take him out. Hurry up. Your Majesty. Your Majesty, based on his condition now, I’m afraid we won’t be able to get anything out from him. He wasn’t on duty today and has been in his home. I also remember that Lianxin was not on duty today too. Why don’t we ask Lianxin to come here and question her and clarify Wang Qin’s situation? Get Lianxin here. Yes. Noble Consort, don’t be angry. Wang Qin and Lianxin’s house is nearby. Lianxin will be here soon. Serve the tea. Your Majesty, please have your tea. Your Majesty, I just went out the palace gate. Lianxin was just outside now looking for Eunuch Wang, and I have asked her to come over. Also, the Imperial Physician Qi is here finally and checking Eunuch Wang’s pulse. They are expected to report back immediately. Your Majesty, Your Highness the Noble Consort, Your Highness Consort Xian! Did Wang Qin go crazy and offend anyone? By asking this, did you already know that Wang Qin has gone crazy? Dispense with the formality first. Tell me, what’s wrong with Wang Qin? Your Majesty, I have already checked Eunuch Wang’s pulse. He is not drunk. He overdosed on Ajisu pills. What are Ajisu pills? It’s a secret drug on the market which has always been banned in the palace. I wonder where Eunuch Wang got it from? How dare he! Wang Qin took this drug. You must be in cahoots with him. Her Highness the Empress was kind to let the both of you get married and you are actually this shameless! Your Majesty. I can guarantee that before we found Lianxin, I had already sent men to search every room Eunuch Wang’s house. Imperial Physician Qi and I were then waiting outside. – Go now.
– Yes. Lianxin, there are no outsiders here now. Say what you want to say. Your Majesty, Her Highness the Empress actually meant well originally. She wanted me to have a pairing for the rest of my life. So she granted me to Wang Qin as his wife. But who would have known that Wang Qin is less than a beast. Each time after he takes that medicine, he beats me, ridicules me and shames me. Wang Qin was like that? But why didn’t you tell Her Highness the Empress to give you justice? With what shame do I tell others about this? I didn’t dare to soil Her Highness the Empress’ ears. Moreover, Wang Qin said that if I dare to spill a single word to the outside, he will make my life worse than being dead. ♫Intoxicated by the falling flower petals in the plum garden♫ ♫ as if this life were our first time we have met. ♫ ♫ Black silken hair reflecting the frosty moonlight, ♫ ♫ Hands joined together, for our innumerable mortal lives. ♫ ♫ The burden of concern on my mind has paled rose-kissed cheeks, ♫ ♫ Yearning now turns into confusion. ♫ ♫ Glistening teardrops cover the pledge, ♫ ♫ joining hands for a lifetime, when in the past did he change it? ♫ ♫ Flowers start out blossoming in splendor, but are easily destroyed ♫ ♫ Who is that plucking on qin (zither) strings? ♫ ♫ When love becomes deep, people are prone to separate. ♫ ♫ Alone, I sing the sad song of parting. ♫ ♫ Twilight is tardy, spring is late. ♫ ♫ With graceful reasoning, like it had been empty dream, with sighs. ♫ ♫ Let it flow away with the river of time. ♫ ♫ Vast years apart, with no clear date of return or hope, ♫ ♫ Regretfully not admitting the care held deep within my heart. ♫ ♫ Moonlight flows like water, washing away the pretentiousness of the past affairs. ♫ ♫ Sincerity now is the only thing left to depend upon. ♫ ♫ In the endless night, I cannot put down the gray hairs to pursue youth. ♫ ♫ Nor dare to look at you quietly from afar. ♫ ♫ If we can have another lifetime together, may we both be commoners. ♫ ♫ Reunited, and again pledging faithfully to stand by each other. ♫