♫ The sounds from the sheng and xiao die away in the distance, in the sparse, declining light ♫
(T/N reed instrument made of vertical pipes; end-blown flute) ♫ Memories of my past, my companions in youth. ♫ ♫ Over boundless years, old affairs have become difficult to recall. ♫ ♫ I’ve used a lifetime of truth to put up a pretense. ♫ ♫ Parting without opening these cupped hands full of tears. ♫ ♫ Clears my vision and permits me to resist ♫ ♫ Perhaps when targeted by love it is not wise to separate ♫ ♫ The morning wind can not dispel the aftermath. ♫ ♫ Whose hidden tears made the blooming flowers blush, ♫ ♫ And in the desolate and dreary torrential storms to painfully droop low, ♫ ♫ Unwilling to blossom again alone? ♫ ♫ The coming day belongs to the young. ♫ ♫ As the glimmer of dawn becomes again the setting sun. ♫ ♫ Who is this person who does not sleep soundly in the middle of the night? ♫ ♫Sitting and watching the autumn wind puff out and penetrate the palace curtains. ♫ ♫One strand held in remembrance, shackling sentiment and concern. ♫ ♫ Always submerged in the fragrant incense of fleeting time ♫ Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace Episode 10 Let me tell you. Today is the birthday of the Mistress. His Majesty will definitely be here. Do a good job of cleaning up. – Eunuch Li.
– Today is Concubine Ruyi’s birthday. His Majesty has some matters and is unable to leave. Thus, he instructed me to deliver the gift to her first. She is in there. I will bring you in. Where is Suoxin? She’s cooking in the kitchen. She has good cooking skills. This way, please. Happy birthday, Mistress. You will look good in this red garment. This is too bright. Elder Sister, wear the one in purple then. It has gold ornaments and white jade. They complement each other. Fine. You love blue and I love purple. These two colors complement each other. Mistress, Eunuch Li is here. My greetings to Your Highness Consort Xian, Your Highness First Attendant Hai. I was specially instructed by His Majesty to deliver this gift to Your Highness Consort Xian. His Majesty is not coming? His gift is here first. One is a gold orchid. The other is a lotus flower. Elder Sister, when you look at it, it’s just like rose. His Majesty said that there is a profound meaning in this. I’m taking my leave. Elder Sister, I don’t have anything rare to offer as a gift. I feel that fragrance pouch last time is bad luck, so I made a new one. Each stitch on it represents my affection towards you. I made two, one for you and one for me. I wish Sister a happy birthday. Your sewing is really so ingenious. I surely will keep this. Actually, as long as the person is around, the reunions are the best. From now on, our Yanxi Palace must rely on Eunuch Li’s care. Eunuch Sanbao. The ingredients are complete. Okay. I got it. – Let me tell you, Xiao Fuzi, if there’s one ingredient less, you’ll get punished for it.
– Yes. Go then. Eunuch Li. Please. You’re looking for me? Here, for you. Today is Mistress Xian’s birthday. You are always being oppressed by A’Ruo and can’t doll yourself up. All good things are being taken by her first. And you still gave me such a beautiful velvet flower. Aren’t you afraid that she’ll take it? What A’Ruo wants are expensive items. She won’t like a velvet flower like that. Wear it for good luck, glory, splendor, and promotion. Thank you for remembering me. Why still thank me? You, I, and Jiang Yubin, we all came from the same place, from the same hometown. It’s just right that we take care of each other. I can’t see it, so I’m unable to wear it. Then…let me help put it on you. No need. I’ll put it on when I go back. I’ll go back then. Where did you go loiter around? Mistress said that First Class Attendant Hai’s mugwort is almost used up. Go to the Bureau of Imperial Physicians to get some. I’ll immediately go. You dared to change the prescription based on your personal preference? You didn’t even assess your own weight first. (T/N higher-rank person’s words “carry more weight”) I just feel that changing it into atractylodes (T/N genus in sunflower family, e.g. Atractylodes lancea) might make the drug effect milder. Such mischief! So preposterous! A lowly Imperial physician who only sees palace servants, you actually dared give rash judgment? Listen to me well. If you do this again, don’t bother staying here in the bureau anymore! L-Lord… You got scolded by Imperial Physician Zhao? I’m used to it. I lack experience. It’s common to get scolded at. I know that you’ve been diligently training in medicine. You surely will succeed one day. I sewed this. It is indeed a bit too plain, but at least, it won’t be too showy when worn. When you do your medical consults, you can place some mint inside to make you more alert. Thanks. I surely will always carry this with me. That velvet flower on your hair is so pretty. Really? It’s getting late. First Class Attendant Hai is still waiting to use these mugwort leaves. I’ll go back now. Greetings to Your Majesty. Come. The birthday celebrant still personally came out to welcome me? Your Majesty came to celebrate my birthday with me, how can I not welcome you? Let’s go. Here, Ruyi, let me give you a toast. Thank you, Your Majesty. I know that you love to eat silver noodles, so I had them make them this morning and deliver them here. Today, I’ll eat some noodles with you. It’s for long life. It’s good to have long life. But once you’ve become an old woman full of wrinkles, what’s fun about that? You’d still be pretty even if you’re old. That’s so scary. Won’t I become an old witch then? It’s good that you’re not angry. I went to Noble Consort Hui last night and left you. Noble Consort is unwell. It’s just right that you keep her company. Noble Consort’s health is unwell and is even feeling vexed. She kept telling me that she wants to raise Yonghuang. With that health of hers, Yonghuang is currently very naughty. Why must she insist on keeping him by her side? Having no children, Noble Consort must be feeling lonely. She’s lonely, but aren’t you? Of course, I want to have my own children. Let’s just go with the flow. That hairpin of yours suits you well. This must be your new trick. Usually the flower used to represent marital bliss is lotus, but you just had to choose roses. Roses are colorful and pretty, have a lot of thorns. They all say that it’s hard to make an accessory out of it. I then just had to choose it to gift to you. Roses have many thorns… Your Majesty is indirectly pointing at my flaws. Roses indeed have many thorns, making people wanting to pick them more. So adorable. Your Majesty, please taste this. This is silver noodles with shepherd’s purse and meat shreds. For long life, eat some noodles. This popular shepherd’s purse is really good. Nothing can compare to it. It’s rare that you have such interest. My interests are just these. Making Your Majesty eat delicious food, sleep soundly, and that everything will go your way. That’s enough. Ruyi, although I don’t come here to your place every day, I always think of you in my heart. Every time I come to your place, my heart always feels so at peace. Your Majesty, today is my birthday. I have one wish that I hope can be fulfilled through your golden mouth. I’ve been with you for so many years. Whatever you want, just say it to me. No matter if my words might sound like I don’t know the immensity of the heavens and earth
(T/N exaggerated/not prudent), may Your Majesty allow it. As long as you don’t ask me to make you the Empress, other requests won’t be hard for me. My wish has nothing to do with myself, just with you. Oh? Tell me then. Get up and tell me. After the late Emperor died, the Imperial consorts that were left in the Forbidden City were all conferred titles by Your Majesty and all transferred to Shoukang Palace to live the rest of their lives. Those Imperial consorts at the outside palaces are also being provided for by Her Highness the Empress. I’m thinking that since the living are being supported, are we not going to care about those who have died? May Your Majesty consider that they once served the late Emperor. Please confer posthumous titles on those without any status to show Your Majesty’s filial piety. The one you’re talking about is… The Imperial concubine of the late Emperor in the Rehe Temporary Palace, Li Jingui. There are some people that you can remember in your heart, but not talk about. But Lady Li is different. Lady Li is just a palace maid that the late Emperor had one night with. He never gave her any status. How then will I give her any posthumous title? Your Majesty knows very well what merit Lady Li has provided to the empire. It’s just that there are so many meritorious subjects of Qing and you need not provide for all of them. But may Your Majesty in consideration of the late Emperor posthumously confer Lady Li as Noble Lady Dowager. Include her in the list of Imperial wives of the late Emperor, so as to preserve her reputation. Posthumously conferring titles to people who was never conferred any titles by the late Emperor, Royal Mother will surely get mad. It’s just posthumously giving titles of Imperial Concubine Dowager and Noble Lady Dowager. The title needn’t be too high. It’s enough that the intentions are shown. It’s way better than leaving the tomb of Lady Li out there in the distant Rehe, overgrown with grasses, facing the setting sun, a solitary grave with rare incenses, very desolate. If I did that, people will suspect my relationship with her. The late Emperor said when he was still alive that I’m a son of the Niohuru clan. Of course, you are the son of Empress Dowager. That’s why you’re posthumously conferring only titles of Imperial Concubine Dowager and Noble Lady Dowager. I understand the difficulties in your heart. I just want to make you more comfortable. Today is your birthday. Rest early. Your Majesty! Why must you make such a wish to me? Why! Your Majesty, please calm down. My aunt was a sinner who committed high treason. The late Emperor couldn’t tolerate her and she was buried so haphazardly. I just don’t want someone dear to me to pass into silence just like my aunt, even unable to get the status that she deserved. Your Majesty? Mistress. Mistress, how come His Majesty left? Today is your birthday. How come he went to First Class Attendant Hai’s room? Don’t make an issue. A’Ruo, leave first. Yes. Suoxin, stay behind. Mistress, you still told him? As a son, there are a lot of things the he can’t clearly say, but I know that he has always remembered the birthday of his birth mother and that he wanted to show her filial piety. I spoke his true intention today. Hope that His Majesty can fulfill what he desires. But today is your birthday. His Majesty didn’t even finish your meal together and just left. He obviously got mad. It’s really not worth it. What? You haven’t served me for that long that you’ve forgotten the rules? I was wrong. It’s just that today is Sister Consort Xian’s birthday. Your Majesty coming here to my place… Is there anything wrong with that? My place is a bit too simple and crude. Maybe Your Majesty wants to go to Her Highness the Empress’ chambers instead. I don’t want to go out of Yanxi Palace. Yes. – Your Majesty.
– Don’t talk to me. Only in your place will there be no one that will annoy me. Yes. What’s going on? Why did His Majesty come to my place today? I heard that His Majesty got angry at Mistress Xian. Go and clean up the warming room. I’ll sleep there today. But it’s rare that His Majesty is here for the first time. Today is Sister’s birthday. If I really attend to him tonight, what kind of person would I have become? Even if you sleep in the warming room, no one will know your intentions. All will think that you’ve attended to His Majesty tonight. I’m doing this for Sister and for myself. Why must I care what other people understand? During this season, there’s not many delicious fruits. That red bayberry that His Majesty gave me yesterday was not bad. (T/N aka yangmei, Myrica rubra) I know that His Majesty dotes on you. He always gifts you the trendiest items first. I still can’t compare to you. Oh. – Your Highness Noble Consort, look who’s coming.
– Hurry up. First Class Attendant Hai, come over here! It’s cooler here. Come! Stupid thing. Look at how she’s walking. It’s as if someone owed her three hundred hangings! How come His Majesty even liked her before? Don’t talk first. Greetings to Your Highness the Noble Consort, Noble Lady Jia, and Noble Lady Yi. First Class Attendant Hai, it’s almost two months. His Majesty has not gone to your Yanxi Palace again? Yes. His Majesty is busy with state affairs. That evening, during Consort Xian’s birthday, didn’t His Majesty leave Consort Xian and go to your room? The whole palace already knows about it. Consort Xian doesn’t really know to earn His Majesty’s liking. When His Majesty went to your place, was he very unhappy? Noble Lady Jia, you know me. In front of His Majesty, I couldn’t even dare raise my head. How would I know what his mood is? You already are having it good. Since you moved into Yanxi Palace, His Majesty can always visit you in passing. His Majesty didn’t vent anything on you that day? I’m clumsy in speech. His Majesty didn’t talk much with me. Looking at how you are, you’re really so boring. If I’m His Majesty, I also wouldn’t like you. Let’s go. I still have some honeydew in my palace. Let’s go taste it. Sure. Rare item…a rare item. How is it? Eunuch Qin, we’ve already distributed the allowances for this month. It’s just that for Yanxi Palace… You didn’t give them, right? Following your orders, we didn’t distribute it. – Delay them.
– Yes. That A’Ruo of Yanxi Palace is so arrogant. Just because of a little doting, she already dared to order us around. This time, let’s make them suffer. Eunuch, it’s also time to distribute the fabrics for the summer dresses. Distribute all of them then. As for the ones for Yanxi Palace… Don’t bother with these. Just go to the stockroom, choose something good, and deliver it to them. Yes. Those snobs, the allowance for this month didn’t arrive again. And those fabrics for the summer, what were those! Sister A’Ruo lower down your voice. Mistress is still inside. The proportion per palace has already been reduced to half. This time, there’s almost none. If we keep silent, will it be fine to not eat or sleep anymore? I’ll go to the Internal Affairs Department now. Sister A’Ruo, don’t get agitated. If you go, you’ll just cause a ruckus and give them a reason to laugh. No, I must go. Sister A’Ruo! Hai Lan. Sister. These are the summer fabrics sent by the Internal Affairs Department? Clothes made from Tianxiang taffeta like this are quite cool when worn in the summer. It’s quite not bad. Look inside. How come all are damaged? The Internal Affairs Department actually dared to brush you off like this? No wonder A’Ruo was very angry. Everyone outside is laughing at you. How come Sister still can hold your anger and sew this? It wasn’t easy for the painter in Ruyi Hall to find this “Traveling though mountains in spring” painting. If I don’t maintain my cool and sew it, must I go out and let others criticize me? Mistress, it’s time for your meal. It’s too simple and tasteless. And that soup, didn’t we send it back yesterday? How come they delivered it again? Our monthly allowance from Internal Affairs Department didn’t arrive. The kitchen can’t start cooking. These were given by the Imperial Kitchen. How can this be allowed? You mustn’t eat this, Sister. I’ll just make do. Look at how gallant Her Highness Noble Consort Hui is. Eunuch Qin! What are you doing? The summer fabrics that your Internal Affairs Department delivered are all damaged. Who will wear those? Damaged? It must be because there is too much bad luck in Yanxi Palace, that those fabrics got destroyed. You… you are spouting nonsense! Let’s not talk about those fabrics first. How come the allowance for our palace is short too? Is it? Have you forgotten? During the end of the year, all of the items used by Yanxi Palace were the best ones. The Internal Affairs Department even had to spend our own money to make up for the deficits. Now that it’s almost summer, shouldn’t we find ways to get that used money back? I’ve calculated it. Based on how I’m deducting the money, Yanxi Palace needs to pay until this time next year. When did Yanxi Palace ask for anything and owe the Internal Affairs Department money? Where’s the loan note? Where’s the loan fund? Then where is it? Loan note? There’s none. They are all recorded in my head. Moreover, how can there be a mistress owing money to a servant and not paying it? If this gets out, she’ll be laughed at. It’s because you can see that our Yanxi Palace has lost the Emperor’s favor, that’s why you’re pinching to see which persimmon is soft, am I right? You’re wrong. Being able to anger His Majesty to the point that he walked out, Yanxi Palace has become a rotten persimmon. Move aside! Don’t disturb me from delivering items to Qixiang Palace. Go away… You… Damn servant, just you wait! That’s really what Qin Li said? How could I dare to tell lies? The Internal Affairs Department people are really insulting us. It is indeed hard on you all. If the money isn’t enough, I still have some savings here. Go fill the deficits. If it still not enough, I still have some items there from my maiden family. Go pawn them. We need money in this palace for everything. I’m thinking, rather than going through hardships and relying on other people’s whims, why don’t you go discuss it with your maiden family? It’s enough to keep one’s unbearable situation in the palace to oneself. Must I still tell it to my maiden family and make them worry? I’m thinking that they are your blood-related family after all— It is exactly because we’re blood-related, that’s why I don’t want to drag them into this trouble. Sister, I still have some savings. No need. We all are not having it easy. A’Ruo, keep that Tianxiang taffeta. Sister, they’re all damaged. Why keep them? Just throw them away. Since they dared to deliver it here, they eventually will be of use in the future. Even if you don’t say it, I know what it is. But now, no one dares to mention Mistress Xian. Wang Qin is also always in front of His Majesty. Even if I want to say anything, I couldn’t butt in. But now, only you are able to say some things in front of His Majesty. I’ll think of a way. His Majesty just came back from the ancestral temple. He’s also not around right now. He went to Mistress Chun. Your Majesty, have a taste. These are apricots delivered by the Imperial Farm in Yongping. It’s best in increasing salivation and quenching your thirst. Is it delicious? It’s too sour. I don’t like it. Consort Xian loves eating sour food. Why don’t I deliver a box to her? If you want to give them to her, just do it. No need to tell me. Have you gone to visit Yongzhang? That child Yongzhang lacks innate talent. He’s already more than a year old but is still not talking. Your Majesty, Yongzhang is still small. He’ll get smarter. If you have time, go check on him. I’m going back to Yangxin Palace now. Respectfully sending off Your Majesty! Your Majesty’s eyes don’t really have Yongzhang in them. He doesn’t love him at all. It’s because you mentioned Consort Xian, that’s why His Majesty got angry. He’s just speaking angry words. I just feel pity for her. Don’t know how Consort Xian offended His Majesty. You had better not say anything about it now. Mistress, I heard that His Majesty went to the ancestral temple and is already back. I told you to look for old fabrics to make summer clothes for the servants. Have you found them? I’ve already found some and distributed them to prevent people here from causing any disturbances. I was reckless and brought you all trouble. How about First Prince? I know that you care a lot about First Prince. I’ve followed your instructions and deliver him food secretly, avoiding his momos, every several days. Okay. I’ll take my leave. How come you’re leaving already? I’m done playing and should leave now. Okay. Just come again tomorrow. My pipa isn’t catching your attention. Why don’t you just let Noble Consort Hui play one tomorrow? When you play the pipa, I can at least stay quiet for a while. When Noble Consort is around, sometimes I find it too noisy. Just go back first. I will take my leave. Your Majesty. What tea is this? It tastes very weird. Her Highness the Empress gave instructions that since the weather has gotten warmer, the one to be prepared for you is mai dong herb tea, which can decrease the heat. (T/N Ophiogon, TCM use) Empress is so considerate. Since it’s anti-heat, distribute it to all the palaces then. Then…I’ll have to ask the Internal Affairs Department first. If there’s not enough, it can’t be helped for some palaces to have none for now. Which palaces won’t have enough supply? Your Majesty, there are so many people in the palace who worship those above and trample on those below. The Internal Affairs Department has always done things based on who’s the favored one. As for the rest, it can’t be helped for them to have a decrease in supply. If anyone loses favor, then she won’t be considered anymore. You are quite honest. I also came up from rank upon rank of servants. I’m used to seeing those who lose favor getting bullied. Whether it’s the palace maid, the eunuch, or the imperial concubines, it’s the same. Being favored for a moment and then when finally put by the emperor in the back of his mind, for a woman this is seen as a shame and makes them the most miserable. Palace maids that have aged to have white hair are the ones who are most miserable. That’s right. Hence, Ruyi could understand that person’s situation and my feelings. That’s why she made that kind of suggestion. It must be because Jingren Palace also encountered the same thing, so Consort Xian went from one topic to another. Li Yu, tomorrow morning, I’ll go to Cining Palace to visit Royal Mother. Yes. Mistress, for this season’s clothes and jewelry, the Internal Affairs Department didn’t provide any. Let’s just use these old ones. Mistress! Mistress! Mistress, I bumped into Li Yu by the main road outside earlier. He was just about to promulgate a decree. What about it? His Majesty has informed Empress Dowager that he’s going to add some new conferments to the Imperial wives that the late Emperor has left behind. Tell it in more details. After His Majesty returned from the ancestral temple, he was very sentimental. Today, he went to visit Empress Dowager. His Majesty then said that he wasn’t able to fulfill his filial duties well. Empress Dowager then comforted His Majesty with a few words. His Majesty then said that he’s going to take care of Empress Dowager via the world. He then added the monthly allowances of the Imperial Concubine Dowager and Imperial Consort Dowager in Shoukang Palace. Also, His Majesty still wants to posthumously give titles to the deceased Imperial wives of the late Emperor. All will be transferred to the Imperial Consort tomb to accompany the late Emperor. This is His Majesty’s filial piety. Empress Dowager will surely agree with it. Mistress, you have good foresight. That’s also what Empress Dowager said. Hence, His Majesty has already made a decree that any women that has attended to the late Emperor in Yuanming Garden or in Rehe Temporary Palace, regardless of their status, as long as they have deceased, all will be posthumously recognized as Imperial Concubine Dowager and will be transferred to the ancestral tomb to be buried. This is a good thing. – Go now.
– Yes. Suoxin! His Majesty really did it! For so many years, His Majesty has been avoiding to mention his true birth identity. But isn’t he like ordinary people, missing his birth mother too? That’s right. Having a posthumous title is having a status. Even though His Majesty can’t mention about his birth mother, he’ll feel comforted. For so many years of serving His Majesty, his problems are also my problems. Hearing this decree now, I’m so happy. Mistress, His Majesty listened to your suggestion. You will get favored again. Empress Dowager, His Majesty’s decree has spread throughout the six palaces. You feel… His Majesty said that he’s going to abundantly provide for me to show his filial piety. That he’s going to increase the allowances of the Imperial Consort Dowager and Concubine Dowager in Shoukang Palace. Also, posthumously confer titles to those Imperial wives that the late Emperor has doted on. Indirectly, he did all this for a bit of posthumous honor of Li Jingui. Consort Xian must have lost favor because she mentioned about these posthumous matters, but she didn’t expect His Majesty to put so much importance on his reputation. How could he admit such a scandal? But His Majesty still listened to her in the end. No matter what, His Majesty will never mention his real background in an open and official manner. His Majesty wants to comfort his own filial heart and wants to exert a bit of effort. It’s just posthumously giving honor to an Imperial Concubine Dowager. I’ll fulfill his wish. – But Consort Xian…
– With His Majesty listening to her, I fear that she’ll regain favor. No matter if she earns or loses His Majesty’s favor, she’ll forever be an eyesore among them in the Imperial harem. There will always be someone frustrating her and making things difficult for her in the future. Let’s just let her learn some lessons. No need to interfere. And the reason being, this Consort Xian doesn’t know to acknowledge who the real mistress of the Imperial harem is. She just focused on earning His Majesty’s favor, and losing yours. She really doesn’t know to calculate things. His Majesty still didn’t come. Have you asked Li Yu about it? I did. He said that His Majesty has been the same as usual. He also couldn’t give any reason. We’re now at the Linzhi Gates? Yes. After Linzhi Gates, it will be Yonghe Palace already. First Class Attendant Mei is waiting for you in Yonghe Palace. Beside Lingzhi Gates is… It’s Jingren Palace and Yanxi Palace. Let’s go. You’re quite considerate today. You brought me to the library? I heard that First Prince’s health wasn’t well a few days ago. Hence, I want to ask Your Majesty to accompany me to visit First Prince. The Yangtze, Yellow, Huai, and Ji Rivers… Your Majesty, looks like Her Highness Noble Consort Hui really likes First Prince a lot. That’s right, His Majesty. I really want to adopt First Prince. I’ve been begging you from spring to summer. You still haven’t approved it. Let’s go in and check on Yonghuang first. – Yes.
– His Majesty is here! …meritorious subjects of the country. Greetings Royal Father and Your Highness Noble Consort Hui. All of you, get up. How come you’ve gotten thinner? Your Majesty, look at how thin First Prince is? You’re even wearing such thin clothes. Although now the weather has become warmer, it still is cold in the morning and evening. You should wear more. – I brought you your most favorite hibiscus flaky pastries. Do you want to taste them?
– Yes. Muxin, hurry. Here. have a taste. Yonghuang, don’t eat first. Write some words for me. Yonghuang, I remember that you aren’t that interested in desserts. How come today you keep looking at it? I admit my mistake. I’ll write again. Eat after you’ve finished writing. What’s wrong with your hand? How come you’re hurt? This sleeve is dirty too. Your Majesty, look. What’s going on? How do you attend to him? First Prince, didn’t I let you change your clothes already? How come you’re still wearing it? Where did you go play? How come you’re hurt like that? Damn you! I admit my mistakes. Come, let me see. ♫Intoxicated by the falling flower petals in the plum garden♫ ♫ as if this life were our first time we have met. ♫ ♫ Black silken hair reflecting the frosty moonlight, ♫ ♫ Hands joined together, for our innumerable mortal lives. ♫ ♫ The burden of concern on my mind has paled rose-kissed cheeks, ♫ ♫ Yearning now turns into confusion. ♫ ♫ Glistening teardrops cover the pledge, ♫ ♫ joining hands for a lifetime, when in the past did he change it? ♫ ♫ Flowers start out blossoming in splendor, but are easily destroyed ♫ ♫ Who is that plucking on qin (zither) strings? ♫ ♫ When love becomes deep, people are prone to separate. ♫ ♫ Alone, I sing the sad song of parting. ♫ ♫ Twilight is tardy, spring is late. ♫ ♫ With graceful reasoning, like it had been empty dream, with sighs. ♫ ♫ Let it flow away with the river of time. ♫ ♫ Vast years apart, with no clear date of return or hope, ♫ ♫ Regretfully not admitting the care held deep within my heart. ♫ ♫ Moonlight flows like water, washing away the pretentiousness of the past affairs. ♫ ♫ Sincerity now is the only thing left to depend upon. ♫ ♫ In the endless night, I cannot put down the gray hairs to pursue youth. ♫ ♫ Nor dare to look at you quietly from afar. ♫ ♫ If we can have another lifetime together, may we both be commoners. ♫ ♫ Reunited, and again pledging faithfully to stand by each other. ♫